X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heavy the next class update

Not a hoax.

Team Fortress 2
    [img]http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/120/latinsigsj0.jpg[/img] [img]http://sigs.2142-stats.com/BenKenobi_player_7511.png[/img] [img]http://www.ronpaul2008.com/img/public_banners/hope-banner1.gif[/img] [url=http://www.cainslair.com/paypal2Cain.htm/]
    You will donate to Cain's. Now.[/url]

Finally, a class I somewhat enjoy playing getting an update.

I wonder if they are going to save Engineer for last? I can see 10 sentry guns sitting around every corner.
    [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
    So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

I know...

Instead of one mini gun....

wait for it...

TWO MINI GUNS!

Comment

WE MUST PUSH LEETLE CART !!!

Fact: I have less than 30 minutes TOTAL on the Heavy, so this is a useless update for me. Valve is trying to make the Heavy better equipped to survive without a Medic, so that should be interesting. THREE new weapons ?? Hmmm .. any suggestions, other than the obvious extra MG ? I'm thinking he will get a nade launcher, as he already carries the ammo on his shoulder bandolier.
        Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

YATATATATATATATA kaaaBOOM kaaaBOOM!!!! WHAT SICK MAN SENDS BABIES TO FIGHT ME!?

I want a cannon.
          It takes out things at long range... makes the heavy choose between short range massacres, or wiping a large chunk of an enemy defense out before they knew what hit them. Obviously needs to be painfully slow reload....

And a sledgehammer.... always crits, again, painfully slow reload.

Actually... if the heavy cannon idea encroaches on the sniper or soldier too much, they could give him a force shield gun. That way he can lead the team in for a bit, or focus it to blast an enemy or group of enemies across the map with little initial damage and rather they die upon hitting the ground... like a larger version of the pyro's new airblast.
          And it relies on recharge rather than ammo... dont want a double heavy team that kills everything and keeps a shield up with the dead bodies.
          Of course, as a defensive class he could use it to shield the engy's sentry. that might unbalance things a bit though.
          maybe that should just be for the secondary weapon... I want to keep my minigun.

I really dont know what to think about a double minigun.... maybe it chews up ammo twice as fast with a smaller clip so that balances the great damage it deals?

and I doubt he'll get a nade launcher... the pyro didnt get incendiary nades even though he's got them slung on him. Also, it takes away from the poor demoman too much. I predict he'll get shafted in his update.

Comment

Just read that concept art that was viewed shows that one of the Heavy's new toys is an WWII style AA gun similar to the MP50 from FEAR ... ?! Weird ...
            Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Originally posted by WalkinTarget View Post
              Just read that concept art that was viewed shows that one of the Heavy's new toys is an WWII style AA gun similar to the MP50 from FEAR ... ?! Weird ...
              As far as I've been able to discern, that was just a piece of fan art / rumor , and not any sort of leaked media.

Comment

Could be, but its fun to start up the discussion and fan the intarweb flames.

Comment

It will be a good few weeks for snipers/spies when the heavy patch is released. So many slow moving targets...so few bullets...

Comment

I think a 100% crit melee weapon (with reduced reload speed) would work well for the heavy. Quite frankly, if you are standing face to face with a heavy, you deserve to die. I'd vote for either the sledge hammer or brass knuckles.

As for the minigun, I wouldnt change things too much. Perhaps a simple change like increasing the clip size, increasing rate of fire, or maybe some armor piercing bullets to go through wood/metal walls (with some sort of negative effect to balance).

I think the shotgun could get some defensive upgrade to target the goal of making him more viable without a medic. Perhaps a handgun (maybe a desert eagle) and some type of shield to block bullets/reduce splash? Something that looks like it was ripped free from the map, a garbage can lid, a door, a few boards nailed together, maybe a chuck of a concrete block wall...

Comment

I love it, right when I start to LOVE heavy...... I got 93 or so points tonight in one round playing solely heavy
                      53 kills to 20 deaths, 15 captures, 5 defenses, and 21 assists..... I have never gotten such an insane score with anything but medic.... I LOVE HEAVY

Baby team has cart!

Comment

Hadda share this:

http://tf2wiki.net/wiki/Heavy_responses

Some in there I have never heard, but all make me laugh.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                        Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                        widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X