Only gripe so far - recoil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only gripe so far - recoil

So far i'm quite liking this game. But i have one gripe. Recoil.

Take this for instance. Say you have a guy running around with the Thompson. You have pretty bad recoil unless you crouch, which is still pretty bad, or prone, which pretty much eliminates any recoil effect. So how is it that you have some guys that run around like a COD4 free for all, never crouching, never going prone and mow everybody down like they're holding a damn minigun! If i stay standing i die as the recoil is just too bad. Why is it that certain people seem to be not affected at all?

Diff guns have diff recoil...

Folks who have played a long time manage the recoil by pulling the barrell down constantly.

Definitely Crouch....

Glad you like it, I LOVE Sauce, it is my fav..

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
      Diff guns have diff recoil...

Folks who have played a long time manage the recoil by pulling the barrell down constantly.

Definitely Crouch....

Glad you like it, I LOVE Sauce, it is my fav..
      I've tried moving my mouse down slowly as i fire but the recoil is still too bad to make it anywhere near accurate. I understand that some people are 'godlike' at this game. But when i spectate a few players to see what secrets they hold and they walk into an ambush of 3vs1 they still come out the victors. It's just plain wrong.

Comment

Yea it takes awhile to get used to and another thing that still gets me is pressing F to spawn

Comment

If you think the Thompson recoil is bad, try the BAR.

What I do to help with recoil is increase my mouse sensitivity. When I pull my mouse down when I fire, the barrel gets pulled down more.

Also, you only need 3-4 hits to kill the person. If you start firing down at their knees, then after 3-4 shots, you will end up at their head.
          "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a Communist."
          - Dom Helder Camara

Comment

My pet peeve is that I keep hitting the G button by mistake and throwing away my primary weapon...........

Comment

Originally posted by H0ly-H@nd-Gr3nade View Post
              If you think the Thompson recoil is bad, try the BAR.

What I do to help with recoil is increase my mouse sensitivity. When I pull my mouse down when I fire, the barrel gets pulled down more.

Also, you only need 3-4 hits to kill the person. If you start firing down at their knees, then after 3-4 shots, you will end up at their head.
              I've seen people running around with the BAR too. With what seems like no recoil. I've even seen people doing it with the Machine Gun! It's crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
                I've seen people running around with the BAR too. With what seems like no recoil. I've even seen people doing it with the Machine Gun! It's crazy.
                Yea the MG is obviously the worst. It also takes away your stamina (or whatever that is called) when you fire without placing it on a wall or sandbag.
                "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a Communist."
                - Dom Helder Camara

Comment

Originally posted by BlackArrow View Post
                  My pet peeve is that I keep hitting the G button by mistake and throwing away my primary weapon...........
                  I thought I was the only one that had done that. I had to remove the binding until I figure out what I want to do.

To be totally honest. I'm like the game play, it's fun, but, I don't like the the game. I run center of mass body shots and know all 3 or four hit target, but unless it runs up to a head shot it's not really effective. Now head shot on the other hand definetly take care of a problem.

And I guess on the bullet effectiveness, I haven't found a game yet to be realistic to the point I want, specifically concerning the impact damage when a round hits and the effect it would really have on the individual. I would love to see a game that when I hit a leg, depending on the caliber of the round, the body reacts the way it should. Say a .50 hits a person in the leg while they're prone, I want to see that leg gone, flying thru the air. Then I want to see that individual crawl or jump up on one leg and jump their butt away while they have to hide and put a turnique on it
                  That's the game I'm really waiting for
                  [IMG]http://thepebkac.net/images/sigs/Outdoors_sig.jpg[/IMG]
                  Like the community? Donate here:
                  [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate[/URL]

Comment

The funniest thing was Blackarrow trying to deploy his parachute after jumping off a building.
                    I killed someone last night with the MG not deployed. What I do is run with the barrel pointing at the ground. Then when you line up on someone the recoil hits them crotch to head.
                    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Im a 24/7 BAR user.. i always crouch when im firing my weapon. its best that way. but also controlling the recoil its the key. not many can get use to the bar that quick. it takes time and when you master it, its become a destructive gun. the best weapon for starter i always say go assault (thompson) let recoil and plenty of kills. (right killa_zn?)
                      Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
                        The funniest thing was Blackarrow trying to deploy his parachute after jumping off a building.
                        Apache

I am too old for the ever changing controls......................

Comment

I am for the head, i know, pretty obvious but it only takes a couple of hits to take em down so i have my mouse sensitivity above normal, burst at their head, if it doesn't kill them, pull down and burst again, it's nearly instant this time. Although i use the Springfield i do enjoy the others :P

Comment

This my sound crazy but shrinking down the crosshairs helped me out.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd98 View Post
                              This my sound crazy but shrinking down the crosshairs helped me out.
                              yea that help too. my its a tiny x. which one do u use?
                              Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X