We need peeps in DODS Mon Nite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We need peeps in DODS Mon Nite

Anzio really emptied us out.... We had 32 on Donner.

It seems like the top servers are running one map, either Avalanche, or Donner.

I'm gonna try both in a rotation. but I'm not opposed to one map, if it keeps us busy.

Busy server with 1 map = more fun than empty server with many.

heading in now

Comment

Thx I'll be in there shortly...

Comment

I will be in AFK...

Comment

Now we are down to 4...

Comment

yep we need more maps to mix the rotation. people wondering why they dont play all maps or why they only 3maps playing. but its your call.
            Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

I will be in after I eat.
              Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
              Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
              I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
              Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by RuThLeSsKiLLa View Post
                yep we need more maps to mix the rotation. people wondering why they dont play all maps or why they only 3maps playing. but its your call.
                The top servers play only 1 map, we are now playing 2, but if I need to we will also play one...... I *think* we can carve out a niche wiht 2, but maybe only the one map servers stay the busiest, we will see.

It is more fun to have 1 map (or 2) and lots of players than it is to have a bunch of maps, and the server sit empty.

Very few people will sit in an empty server trying to start it, they just move on to one with a lot of players... Including most of the people here.

Look what Anzio does to us, and this is what all the other maps I have tried beyond Avalanche, and Donner do to us....

Comment

Went to see Ani DiFranco tonight, but I may be able to jump in tomorrow for a bit.

-Rand
                  [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                  Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Maybe try running Donner/ Avalanche as a rotation. Those 2 maps are the most popular. I know it can get boring, but after a month you should be able to increase the rotation.

Also a popular server plugin allows for map voting/ map extending. It usually works well if folks can vote for the next map. Im not sure of where the plug in is, Im behind the times so to speak. Been awhile since Ive done any kind of admin stuff. Might be manimod.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                    Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                      by Apache Warrior
                      6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                    • Reply to 6 years
                      by Sirex
                      I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                      Just hit 2.5K miles...
                      5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                    • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                      by Sirex
                      Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                      5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                    • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                      by Sirex
                      Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                      5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                    • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                      by Sirex
                      Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                      5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                    Working...
                    X