Maps....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maps....

OK we had a pretty good night last, night.

Since you folks keep begging for more maps, I'm gonna try a bunch of maps tonight, so you guys need to stay in there no matter how low the server gets, and try to welcome people and get them to stick with us !!

dod_avalanche
    dod_kalt
    dod_flash
    dod_donner
    dod_argentan
    dod_palermo

As long as you have flash, I am happy
    [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
    So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Will do. Looking forward to getting my butt kicked on as many maps as possible.

Comment

Palermo sounds fun, and it is a new map too.

I haven't played Source very much, so I don't know if these maps got carried over from the original, but are there maps like Jagd?

For those of you that don't know the map, basically one team has 2 tanks they must defend, and the other team attacks. The attacking team can either blow them up with charges you pick up at spawn, or with a rocket.

If possible, I think having a different game types (on some maps) besides capturing flags could be interesting.
        "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a Communist."
        - Dom Helder Camara

Comment

i would love to see a source version of "saints". does anybody remember that map?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
            i would love to see a source version of "saints". does anybody remember that map?
            Its not popular at all.... so just forget it.

Comment

I loved playing sniper on the old DOD Saints map. It was a great map.
              Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
              Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
              I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
              Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
                OK we had a pretty good night last, night.

Since you folks keep begging for more maps, I'm gonna try a bunch of maps tonight, so you guys need to stay in there no matter how low the server gets, and try to welcome people and get them to stick with us !!

dod_avalanche
                dod_kalt
                dod_flash
                dod_donner
                dod_argentan
                dod_palermo

I dont know which ones they were- but I played a bunch of servers last night- and the one with underground sewers and snow was amazing.

So is the Train yard one. That one has an even balance - snipers, bazookas, etc- everyone has an even chance to work.

Comment

Originally posted by (DSP)-Bar View Post
                  Its not popular at all.... so just forget it.
                  Statistics are not in your favor so far Bar...roflmao **please dont shoot me***

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
                    Statistics are not in your favor so far Bar...roflmao **please dont shoot me***
                    Saints was an original map in DoD classic. Source it is a custom map under a different name due to copyright. If it was popular, you would never see me unless Cain ran it in the server.

And I will shoot you when ever you least expect it.

Comment

I have no clue which map is what. I just run around killing things and standing next to flags.

-Rand
                      [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                      Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

dod_avalanche
                        dod_kalt
                        dod_flash
                        dod_donner
                        dod_argentan
                        dod_palermo
                        it might be too late but can you replace argentan for jagd. giving a different type of gameplay could help too, other than keep getting flags all day.
                        Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post
                          I have no clue which map is what. I just run around killing things and standing next to flags.

-Rand
                          +1

I hope to get some game time in later on. I hope to see you all there.
                          [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                          Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

OK the additional maps experiment was a complete and total failure....

Every time anything other than Donner or Avalanche came up we dropped back to 2 or 3 players.

Let's try to get some folks with two maps, and IF we can get busy we will look into adding some more maps back.

Comment

Your right Cain, last night was pretty brutal.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 3
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X