PDA

View Full Version : Saving Private Rico

JohnyRico
12th Jul 2008, 02:22 AM
For the last couple days I've been going back to 2142 instead of cod4 and even with flaws I remember why I (at least) love this game.

Today I was playing a Sidi map, in a pretty banged up apc trying to cap silo 5. I had switched to the gunner position to use the mortors to defend myelf when I see a gunship bearing down on me. Since I'm rusty I don't think to switch back to driver and hit the shields but instead take my best aim and send 3 mortor rounds at him and I think there's no way I'm winning this fight. Suddenly he explodes and I think I got him when it dawns on me I didn't get credit for kill. Just then the gunship from my team (who gunned him down from behind) flies right through the smoke and debris, passes right overhead and banks away. It was just like the scene in Saving Private Ryan when Tom Hanks is blazing away at a German Tiger tank with a pistol and a plane kills it from behind. Cod4 is a cool game but you just don't get stuff like that there.

killa_zn
12th Jul 2008, 08:48 AM
Moments, you gotta love em.

{CLR} Major.Massacre
12th Jul 2008, 10:09 AM
For the last couple days I've been going back to 2142 instead of cod4 and even with flaws I remember why I (at least) love this game.

Today I was playing a Sidi map, in a pretty banged up apc trying to cap silo 5. I had switched to the gunner position to use the mortors to defend myelf when I see a gunship bearing down on me. Since I'm rusty I don't think to switch back to driver and hit the shields but instead take my best aim and send 3 mortor rounds at him and I think there's no way I'm winning this fight. Suddenly he explodes and I think I got him when it dawns on me I didn't get credit for kill. Just then the gunship from my team (who gunned him down from behind) flies right through the smoke and debris, passes right overhead and banks away. It was just like the scene in Saving Private Ryan when Tom Hanks is blazing away at a German Tiger tank with a pistol and a plane kills it from behind. Cod4 is a cool game but you just don't get stuff like that there.Would have been cooler if my Nekomata flew through the air and landed on that gunship.:twisted: Hey anything's possible.:2thumbs:

BenKenobi
12th Jul 2008, 02:38 PM
There's something about bf2142 that still attracts me much much more than COD4...

Oh wait - its not something, maybe its all the vehicles, customization, helis, transports, and emphasis on team work

GeneralSnake
12th Jul 2008, 02:38 PM
Would have been cooler if my Nekomata flew through the air and landed on that gunship.:twisted: Hey anything's possible.:2thumbs:

Now if I could fly a Nekomata, I would ram gunships.
That would be awesome.
You would probably survive, you have a lot more armor.

freak93
19th Jul 2008, 09:09 AM
maybe you could try the gta thing. Just put in your low gravity cheat and just keep shooting.

{CLR} Major.Massacre
19th Jul 2008, 09:31 AM
Now if I could fly a Nekomata, I would ram gunships.
That would be awesome.
You would probably survive, you have a lot more armor.In the ole days of 2142 I rammed plenty of gunships and transports with the nekomata. Suez canal had plenty of spots where you could catch a little air. I believe it was silo 3(with the small bridge) where I got most of my victims that landed or were landing to cap a silo.:twisted::twisted::twisted: And yes it did barely any damage to the tank.:2thumbs:

Todd98
31st Oct 2008, 10:55 AM
In the ole days of 2142 I rammed plenty of gunships and transports with the nekomata. Suez canal had plenty of spots where you could catch a little air. I believe it was silo 3(with the small bridge) where I got most of my victims that landed or were landing to cap a silo.:twisted::twisted::twisted: And yes it did barely any damage to the tank.:2thumbs:

Transport Of Doom,Transport Of Doom, Transport Of Doom, Transport Of Doom, Transport Of Doom. :jam:

Ghost_Rain
2nd Nov 2008, 05:31 AM
Transport Of Doom,Transport Of Doom, Transport Of Doom, Transport Of Doom, Transport Of Doom. :jam:

Yer I rember the Transport Of Doom So well I think I may have a return Back to BF2142 Tomomrow when I have more time to play:2thumbs: