DoD:S bugs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DoD:S bugs?

I apologize in advance if this is a noob question, because I am very new to day of defeat:source. But I am wondering if anyone else gets bugs like me.

One of the bugs I get is I see people running around crouched. Well, they aren't exactly running, they're more sliding around like they're on ice or something. Is this a glitch in the game that some people exploit or is it just some weird bug?

Another thing that will sometimes happen is all of a sudden someone on the opposing team will show up as if standing out in the middle of nowhere staring off into the distance (or at a wall). This isn't they're ACTUAL position, because when i shoot at them (trust me...i'm hitting them), nothing happens. However, when the actual person (not the ghost) shoots, the ghost shoots as well. So apparently the movements and actions of the person still show up in the "ghost", but they don't move around. They just sit stationary in that spot. This leads to being killed by "invisible people" because the ghost may be somewhere on the other side of the map, while the actual person is right next to you shooting you in the face and there's nothing you can do about it...except die.

If there are any known fixes for these bugs (if it's just me or something), or if anyone has any ideas what may be causing it please let me know.

Thanks,
    ch33s3r
    Ahhh...the power of cheese!

These sound like you may have some deep seated emotional problems you are projecting into the game ... "someone on the opposing team will show up as if standing out in the middle of nowhere staring off into the distance..."

Nah, just kidding... Those are typically video card type glitches...

What card do you have and do you have the latest Video Drivers for it ??

Comment

i haven't seen the ghost thing yet..
      but yea the ice sliding prone is DOD:S bug, its funny seeing an MG proned sliding all over the map. but their really just walking normally, just a graphic bug.

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
        What card do you have and do you have the latest Video Drivers for it ??
        I have an Nvidia Geforce 7600 GT, and yeah I guess i haven't downloaded the drivers lately. I just checked the date of my driver and it says 12/5/2007. I'll try updating that and see if it helps. Thanks
        Ahhh...the power of cheese!

Comment

Originally posted by ch33s3r View Post
          Another thing that will sometimes happen is all of a sudden someone on the opposing team will show up as if standing out in the middle of nowhere staring off into the distance (or at a wall). This isn't they're ACTUAL position, because when i shoot at them (trust me...i'm hitting them), nothing happens. However, when the actual person (not the ghost) shoots, the ghost shoots as well. So apparently the movements and actions of the person still show up in the "ghost", but they don't move around. They just sit stationary in that spot. This leads to being killed by "invisible people" because the ghost may be somewhere on the other side of the map, while the actual person is right next to you shooting you in the face and there's nothing you can do about it...except die.
          I have gotten this, but only on Flash. It was at the Axis 2nd flag, near the tank. I was shooting at this "ghost", and all of a sudden the real one showed up behind me and killed me. I was quite confused.
          "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a Communist."
          - Dom Helder Camara

Comment

That swimming around on the floor is a real glitch they need to fix... I had heard of it on the Admins mailing list, but I got into that mode last night and it is crazy, you are prone but you can move at sprint speed unlimited, all the while shooting as prone..

Comment

That swimming around on the floor is a real glitch they need to fix... I had heard of it on the Admins mailing list, but I got into that mode last night and it is crazy, you are prone but you can move at sprint speed unlimited, all the while shooting as prone..
              You are lucky you did not ban yourself.
              Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
              Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
              I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
              Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

This bug seems to affect you alot Cain. I've noticed frequently since starting to play DoD:S that your always sliding around on your stomach.

Comment

the game is messed up. thats all. just have to wait for fixes.

Comment

Just tonight I found a possible bug.

When in spawn, the numbers keys on my keyboard don't change the weapon. I can move just fine, and use the mouse scroll through the weapons, but the numbers keys don't work. After exiting the spawn, everything goes back to normal.
                    "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a Communist."
                    - Dom Helder Camara

Comment

same, its was the server.. i tested by myself and stuff.. in my own server and the 5th RB server it worked well..

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
                        This bug seems to affect you alot Cain. I've noticed frequently since starting to play DoD:S that your always sliding around on your stomach.
                        Did you just call Cain a snake?
                        Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                        Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                        I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
                          Did you just call Cain a snake?
                          Apache
                          Erm.....

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                          Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                            by Apache Warrior
                            6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                          • Reply to 6 years
                            by Sirex
                            I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                            Just hit 2.5K miles...
                            5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                          • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                            by Sirex
                            Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                            5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                          • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                            by Sirex
                            Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                            5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                          • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                            by Sirex
                            Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                            5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                          Working...
                          X