Cain!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cain!!!!

The messages that pop up saying things like "Asshatting and such will get you banned" ...THOSE are the cause of the number keys not working. The message pops up like a vote or something. You need to change it to an advert. The GREEN text.

Looks like you have it set up like a vote but there are no options to choose from.

????????

Comment

What don't you understand? It's pretty straight forward.

Comment

What number keys don't work, when where and in what instance ???

Those messages have absolutely nothing to do with your keys not working...

Comment

Midnight, could you take a SS of what you are talking about? Perhaps that would clear things up a bit?
          [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

They show up in a box like the voting system does... You type anything through the Console, it will show up in that box. Its fine....

Comment

or it could of been this:

"Fixed overlay sometimes getting stuck up and not responding to hot-keys after server join"

todays steam update.

Comment

Nope. When this message is shown, my number keys on my keyboard(used to switch weapons) do not work. When the message goes away, the keys work again. People have complained about this. It isn't a bug. It is that message shown in the SS. Take it off. Problem solved.

Comment

I have never heard this before... and I have never had a problem with it before.

Comment

yea i get it too..

Comment

Let me get this straight, for the 3 or 4 seconds this one message gets displayed, you cannot use your number keys, properly.

Is it all number keys or just the 0 key ???

Comment

1-4

like lets say i have my thompson out.
                        and i want to get my colt 45 pistol out.
                        when that mesage appears.
                        it wont bring out the pistol, until that message disappears.

Comment

wierd, i have never had that happen.

Comment

Can't say this has affected me wither. But i use my mouse to scroll through weapons.

I have had something strange though where every now and then i can move for a few seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
                              Can't say this has affected me wither. But i use my mouse to scroll through weapons.

I have had something strange though where every now and then i can move for a few seconds.
                              Same here, I use my scroll wheel or Q to fast switch.

But it does make sense.
                              When a vote window opens, the number keys are switched to be used for the vote. I think the max vote options is 4, so it would highjack your 1-4 keys until the person would vote.

If you don't give any vote options, then the person cannot close the window on their own, they have to wait for the window to timeout, thus not allowing them to use their 1-4 keys until the window is gone
                              [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
                              So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X