EvE online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EvE online

I searched and apparently there isnt a thread on this game.

I recently started playing it and i love it! The complexity of it all makes it quite interesting and the documented battles make me want to have joined 2 yrs ago.

I want to know if any other CLR's had joined and if they know of any good corporations/tips/etc.

I use to play off and on for awhile, but there comes a point where it's hard to get any more real exp. Just get all of the learning skills you can out of the way to reduce your training time early on.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

I played for a while. Ran around in my Raven until it got so slooowwwww to advance. Fun for a bit though.

Comment

I've tried 3 times now to get into EVE, because the setting and the gameplay/customization features really appeal to me. That said:

I've given up on EVE, but eagerly await the next space / SciFi MMO.

Comment

I looked into and thought about ordering it of their website after seeing the commerical on tv.

Comment

Originally posted by todd98 View Post
            i Looked Into And Thought About Ordering It Of Their Website After Seeing The Commerical On Tv.
            Don't Do It !!!!!

Comment

I have no interest in playing, but someone explain this war thing they've been advertising. Are the players actively involved, taking sides, and fighting each other? On that one tv commercial with the surprise attack on a station, was that a PC, a mod, or just some in-game stooge?

-Rand
              [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
              Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
                Don't Do It !!!!!

It was only a thought, Thanks.

Comment

Here's some info, and I also call for help

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post
                  I have no interest in playing, but someone explain this war thing they've been advertising. Are the players actively involved, taking sides, and fighting each other? On that one tv commercial with the surprise attack on a station, was that a PC, a mod, or just some in-game stooge?

-Rand
                  Well a trailer is a trailer and everything on its doesnt always happen. But I'm sure that the majority of what happens in this trailer: Gametrailers.com - EVE Online: Empyrean Age - Lifecycle Trailer HD

CAN happen with a very powerful computer.

Up until now, the majority of the factions lived in an edgy "peace." The whole universe got kinda stagnant except for the corporation wars which sometimes get up to 1000 players in a single battle. A recent battle drew in 450 participants, and its now NOT uncommon to see fleets in some sectors. Now there's full fledged war, and everything is pretty chaotic. Pirates raid into high security areas every now and then and the corporations are getting more aggressive.

In fact, my corporation: New Dominion, is now at war...
                  So.... I ask for any active EvE online members for help...
                  Last edited by BKnight3; 27 Jul 2008, 03:04 PM. Reason: wrong url

Comment

I was in to eve for about a year and a half. Lived in syndicate as a TFC member. Had 2 accounts spent my time mining and doin missions. I left because of the pvp in that game. Having 50 ships jump ontop of your 300m isk battleship and not being able to run or do anything gets to you after 2-4 times of it happening. I did go back for a short while and as usual i lost large amounts of isk to gankers so i quit.

Comment

Yeah... thats what makes me afraid of low security areas...

Comment

I just got tired of getting a little isk, and then having my ship blown up for the heck of it, or having to buy more missiles and drones to protect the miners so they can get out in a hurry. Not to mention the long ass learning times for T2 equipment, and level 5 of T1 stuff... I don't like spending a month (IRL) waiting for that toon to learn 1 level 5 thing....
                        [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Very Old Thread. I was looking for this though. I wondered who was plating this game.

I have been playing this game on and off since 2008. Mostly playing but had to turn it off 3 months ago. Budget is tight

My opinion of the game... I Love It!

The 1st day in 2008 that I logged into the server within about 20 or 30 minutes someone sent me a PM. They asked me if I was the "DARK4SE" of Cains Lair. My player name is "Clrdark4se." That was pretty cool.

But my opinion of the game is simply because I accept the game for what it is. A very very large open sandbox game. Other than making any real life threat to another player one can do anything they want to in the game. It does have a steep learning curve.

The addition of walking in stations has never impressed me so I care nothing for that addition to the game.

Faction Wars are very very boring. Also to hard to build back standings. Same with regular wars. Even when they do not dock up and they fight...that gets boring.

Last, to anyone that doesn't know...NO the videos of eve that you see on you tube are not what the game looks like when you are playing it. Those are just fancy trailers. The UI is complex and takes a lot of time to get used to.

Ultimately, I agree with Cain. Don't play it. Just avoid it.

The game is really cruel and offensive for players who are just looking for a "Star Wars" kinda game. This game is for hard core MMORPG players who want carte blanch on being jerks. I was lucky when I started and had some Cains Lair players help me get started. But that was pure luck.

I haven't seen or heard too much about it in the last 3 months.

Sorry to kick up this old thread Cain. I am just surfing through the forums tonight.

Comment

It's a good game. It does a ton of things very well as far as MMORPG's go. It is a hardcore sandbox, which currently isn't the most popular style of MMO, but if you're into those sorts of things then this is your game (unless you prefer elves and dragons).
                            I actually enjoy being in a large mining corporation and turning big space rocks into little rocks in my cargo hold. It's a relaxing diversion, and if I want to play against other people I can just dial up a first-person shooter.

Unfortunately, in my list of fun games at the moment it's too far down the list to actually pay for. I play BF3, Madden 13, NCAA Football 13, and the Star Wars Galaxies emulator. New games are coming out all of the time which fight for a spot on my list. EVE is just barely on the outside looking in.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                            Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                            widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X