Another school shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another school shooting

People really need to learn that making fun of someone has its consequences. 100% the shooters fault, but if you ask for it, you ask for it.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,300839,00.html

Shoot man i live near cleveland
    [img]http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/120/latinsigsj0.jpg[/img] [img]http://sigs.2142-stats.com/BenKenobi_player_7511.png[/img] [img]http://www.ronpaul2008.com/img/public_banners/hope-banner1.gif[/img] [url=http://www.cainslair.com/paypal2Cain.htm/]
    You will donate to Cain's. Now.[/url]

Comment

Re: Another school shooting

Originally posted by thedeadlyassassin
      People really need to learn that making fun of someone has its consequences.
      Are you $#%@$#^@ crazy. I don't care what they call him or how they teased him you don't go around shooting people because of words. Any other attatude is pure insanity.

Jessus these "goths" need to toughen up buttercup. I mean come on are they that big of a loser?

BTW the "goths" I refer to are people who like gothic industrial music but, at stupid losers that think a gun is an answer and wear a trench coat because of some stupid angst
      Last edited by Rand{CLR}; 26 Oct 2008, 02:52 PM. Reason: Language--Rand

Comment

I read about this earlier today when I saw it on Yahoo. Some people are just too twisted.

Comment

Yep, I do agree its sickening that kids thinking getting rid of the cause of the problem really gets rid of the emotional problem.

But what I'm saying is, there's no excuse to pick on a kid, regardless of who that person is. People don't realize that for some person it hurts as much as getting shot to be constantly picked on.

It's like an African American being called the N word. Anyone else wouldn't know how that feels because they aren't African American.

Of course, harming someone is NEVER the answer.

Comment

Re: Another school shooting

Originally posted by mapes
            People really need to learn that making fun of someone has its consequences.
            Are you $#%@$#^@ crazy. I don't care what they call him or how they teased him you don't go around shooting people because of words. Any other attatude is pure insanity.

Jessus these "goths" need to toughen up buttercup. I mean come on are they that big of a loser?

BTW the "goths" I refer to are people who like gothic industrial music but, at stupid losers that think a gun is an answer and wear a trench coat because of some stupid angst
            WOW just...wow
            Last edited by Rand{CLR}; 26 Oct 2008, 02:52 PM. Reason: Language in Quote--Rand

Comment

this should read

BTW the "goths" I refer to are not people who like gothic industrial music but, the stupid losers that think a gun is an answer and wear a trench coat because of some stupid angst

Comment

Yep, I do agree its sickening that kids thinking getting rid of the cause of the problem really gets rid of the emotional problem.

But what I'm saying is, there's no excuse to pick on a kid, regardless of who that person is. People don't realize that for some person it hurts as much as getting shot to be constantly picked on.

It's like an African American being called the N word. Anyone else wouldn't know how that feels because they aren't African American.

Of course, harming someone is NEVER the answer.
                Look I grew up an awkward picked on kid I never once thought of shooting anyone. I now have confidence in myself and realize that people that pick on other people are generally worthless individuals. So I can sympathise to some degree. However saying that there's any justification in shooting someone because of WORDs is like saying it's ok to give the death penalty to anyone who says something I don't like. I'm not even mentioning the fact that they just don't target the individuals who are picking on them either. they have a tendancy to indiscriminatley kill whomever is in their path. Which is even worse. It's like saying "this guy called teased me so I'm going to go kill him and some random people in his class"

Two words Completely mental!

Comment

Is it me, or does this happen way too often in the US.

Comment

Initial reports are saying that 4 have been injured, and that the only casualty was the gunman himself
                    We work in the dark, to serve the light. We are Assassins.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Comment

Just know mapes im not saying it's okay to go around and massacre people or shoot people because they have issues. There's never a reason to kill anyone because of what they say, I just believe people should watch what they say or physcos like this kid will continue to go on. Most of these people kill people because they are insane and feel highly offended by words and think killing will solve everything.

Comment

Words have never hurt anyone. There was a guy at the bar tonight saying horrible stuff to me and my friends, obviously looking to start a fight for some reason. We just ignored him and he eventually got throw out of the bar by the employees. There's other ways to deal with people than physical (be it fists or weapons). I think the problem with school shootings is that the kids think it's cool to do this and then get on TV or whatever, not realizing what a f*** up of their life they're making. I'm sure many of us have either been in a physical fight or thought of it depending on the situation in our life, but I haven't noticed any of us going out and blowing people away.
                        [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/Igorod/troopdod.jpg[/img]
                        [url=http://profile.xfire.com/trooper110][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/1/trooper110.png[/img][/url]

Comment

He obviously NEVER played video games.

If the kid made 4 clean head shots, they would be blaming it on video games for sure !!

anyways, thats not meant to make light of the subject just an observation.
                          You cant justify that behavior, that kid is 1 year older than Brandon.

I simply can't imagine such horror for all involved, kids and parents alike.

Comment

Most of these people kill people because they are insane and feel highly offended by words and think killing will solve everything.

Ok I take your point however I refuse to live scared either by insane gunman or the idea of massive terrorist attack on the US....OMG shred the constitiution now!!!!

Comment

A little under a month ago, we went through the first anniversary of the Dawson school shooting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dawson_College_shooting

The killer was a ?goth? type person, was part of an online vampire website, wore a trenchcoat. He was probably picked on when he was a kid. My wife went to this school years ago. I have friends whose kids were there. I indirectly know the family of the girl who died. It?s a horrible event.

Trying to generalise things like this or put labels on who these killers are by saying things like ?they are goth?, ?they wear trenchcoats?, ?they were picked on as kids? is not the right way to go about it. Its like saying that terrorists are Arabs. Or street gang members are black, or they were xyz colours. Try being an arab or a dark skinned person walking down the street and see how people look at you.

These people are one thing and one thing only?mentally disturbed. Many of them show signs of being screwed up in the head prior to doing things like this, but in today?s society, people don?t want to get involved. They don?t want to see the signs because then, they need to take action and a certain level of responsibility. Much easier to look the other way. Its to the point were many of these kids family are looking away.

I was picked on as a kid, being the fat kid at school, the loner, the whatever. While anger builds, it is not the reason people go on shootings. These people look to be in the spotlight. If you read how psychologists profile these killers, they often want to be infamous, to be known. They are not popular in school, they are loners and keep to themselves, but they starve for attention like others get. They often don?t have the social skills developed to be able to get this attention. Some go as far as saying the media and how they portray teenagers has a big role in this. While everyone knows that its just TV, to be bombarded with images of how they should be acting, even if they are making a statement that they are different, still bothers them.

They often have statements prepared. The Virginia tech shooter sent videos to the media before going on his shooting spree.

So if you want to discuss how these people are screwed up in the head, signs to look out for and so on, go ahead. But please, do not start trying to label these people by the clothes they wear, the music they listen to and try and justify their actions by saying its because they were picked on. There is WAY more behind all of this than trivial things like being picked on.

*I know, mapes stated that people who listen to industrial music are not the ones he means, I?m just making a point, or at least trying to.

/steps off his soapbox
                              [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
                              So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X