Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gary's Mod?

Garry's Mod on Steam

gary's mod can be played both online or in SP mode. I had a small chat with ruthless about it, and it seems fairly nice. Perhaps something to throw up on the new box?
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

this game = the unthinkable. u can play whatever please u, either join a zombie survival game , and survive 10 massive waves of pure zombie horror or join a teamplay server and defend/attack the core. or u can even play mario if u like here(yea i said mario) well kinda, hard to explain, u just need to take a look for yourself. also like RolePlay and Sandbox servers and others modded games. also u can join server that go up to 50+ people in it. which i enjoy when play zombie survival. its epic!!
    Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

I absolutely love this game. I've been playing since the early betas after hl2 was released and version 10 is a major step up. There is almost nothing you can't do.

Comment

gmod 10 is still not as glorious as 9. Yes, its shiny pretty, new tools. but there are a great many bugs needing to be worked out. I'd rather that be fixed than new stuff. Last couple of updates broke the game. Now i cannot make a listen server. That means I can't play with myself and one or two other friends.. thats how I play 90% of the time. Has good potential but garry keeps screwing up... badly.

Comment

But it is still a fun game none the less, although it does have a bit of a learning curve in the beginning.
          [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

I highly advise this game be added. It's an extremely fun game where you, as Ruthless said, do the unthinkable. The limit to what you can make is the limit of what you can come up with. This game's also majorly enhanced by mature players, as there's alot of immature ones that tend to ruin the game. I highly suggest adding it, though.

Originally posted by imlittlev View Post
            gmod 10 is still not as glorious as 9.
            I'm gonna have to disagree with you here. Gmod 9 was great but the lua options of Gmod 10 absolutely blow what you could do with 9 away. Many of the mods that are now in use in 10 are not possible with the coding capacity that was present in 9. Though I do agree that Garry needs to just let the community edit the game and only fix bugs. The last few updates he's made have been absolutely uneccesary and have caused many things to stop working.

Comment

I would LOVE to see this game hosted by Cain, ive been getting back into it since the last update (i had forgotten i even had it until steam said "garrys mod has finished downloading"). A few tips if Cain ends up running a server tho: 1. Disable thruster effects and sounds, 2. Put limits on the number of rag dolls that players can spawn, 3. Disable NPC spawning entirely. all of the sucessfull servers that i have seen do all of these, and most of them run wiresvn and physvn.

Comment

so does anyone know the secret phrase?? or where garry plays??? eh eh??
                Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

Originally posted by RuThLeSsKiLLa View Post
                  so does anyone know the secret phrase?? or where garry plays??? eh eh??
                  I think garry rarely plays at all now.

I don't blame him, you try playing a game where every time you join a server you get bombarded with messages.

Comment

what steam games do i need to play this? HL2?

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralSnake View Post
                      what steam games do i need to play this? HL2?
                      None, it's stand alone now, you merely get all the tools(textures, models, ect) from Source games when you own them.

Comment

You still need a source engine game to run it (hl2, tf2, cs:s, etc).

Comment

Originally posted by Jenan View Post
                          You still need a source engine game to run it (hl2, tf2, cs:s, etc).
                          Oh right, forgot.

Comment

The single greatest game ever! Especially considering the price.

I would pay $50 for Garry's Mod over COD4MW2 anyday

Comment

$10,000 fretta coding contest:

Garry's Mod Official Website - Fretta Gamemode Coding Contest

http://frettacontest.facepunchstudios.com/

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X