This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

0 MGs ??

What do you folks think about me not allowing any MGs....

When the server is almost empty or almost full the MGs completely dominate and stalemate the rushers...

Thoughts ??

MGs are fun to use from time to time. Anyone using them when it's almost empty is just begging to be hit from the sides. I don't know why they would dominate when almost full since you can go other ways, but I think it's fairly balanced--at least once people figure out they don't have to charge at them like lemmings.

-Rand
    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

my person opinion is OFF WITH THEIR HEADS! buuttt i can live with it. i used to play in this one server that only allowed mgs after it was 5 vs 5 so its not total destruction. someone with enough skill can take out that mg in a couple tries. But i don't use mgs so i have no problem with getting rid of them

Comment

MGs are easy kills for snipers.
        Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
        Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
        I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

MGs can be taken out pretty easily if the person knows what they are doing.

I like the MGs...they add that OMG feeling on a map.
          [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
          So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Comment

if you take out the mg out, some people are gonna start complaining. mg is only deadly if u know where to set up. not everyone can play mg the right way. just ask truthbringer. he's really good with it.

so my vote goes to keep mg.
              Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

Comment

I vote to keep it. It does add that little realism to the game, since that was the first thing they went for in the real wars. I can still hear the "take out that machine gun" ringing in my head
                  [IMG]http://thepebkac.net/images/sigs/Outdoors_sig.jpg[/IMG]
                  Like the community? Donate here:
                  [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate[/URL]

Comment

I think in the higher populated games if I'm on a roll with the mg especially from the same position for quite sometime its just the opposing team not flanking the mg (most likely due to them running into my teammates when they try) or the snipers/rockets are the only guys trying to kill the mg and they aren't so hard to kill if there are no lemmings in the street to draw my fire I can concentrate at doing nothing but staring at typical places they'll come out of.

As for the lower population game I can see it being frowned on as its likely noone is playing rifle, sniper, or rocket class to flush them out. In those small pop games though I think mg is really counter productive as for the most part they aren't moving the gun up at all, aren't capping objectives, and if they do get the gun further across the map they shouldn't live very long as there isn't enough teammates to cover the mg's flanks.

mg's get even easier to kill if your own team starts advancing through one point and leaving the rest open for someone to run up and punch you in the back of the head, but when your team is advancing through all the blind areas that lead to your position then a mg has the potential to be very annoying.

On a unrelated note about mg's, but related to small pop dominating. I find the rocket class secondary carbine to be a bit too much for a small game of nothing but rushers. Often they'll ditch their bazooka to pick up your rifle or smg so they can fend off at long to med range and up close they just cut you in half with that carbines rate of fire.

Comment

i vote to keep them!!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackArrow View Post
                        i vote to keep them!!
                        +1

Comment

Keep them, I am sure once (If) Cain turns FF on, the MGs will not be as "rambo" because they're concerned about hitting their own teammates, thus their effectiveness will be reduced dramatically.

Comment

I hope team kills will bring down your stat rank
                            [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
                            So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Originally posted by BigTwinky View Post
                              I like the MGs...they add that OMG feeling on a map.
                              I will second this part.

I've been following Cain, set it up as we paused and blasted a sniper window full of lead to ensure that if someone is taking a breather will not pop up when we run across the street.

I saw Cain do the following:

1) Go prone
                              2) Stand up
                              3) Run to a cover position
                              4) Go prone again
                              5) Then run away
                              6) Then say "Hammy you just 'bout gave me the biggest heart attack"

LMAO.

Hearing that burp in the distance or close by forces everything to take notice.
                              While they are looking at me, our team can run the other direction, take flags, etc.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 3
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X