How do you have fun in low pop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you have fun in low pop?

Just curious as to what things you do when you are alone or 2 people in the server.
    Server start up without bots can be somewhat boring.

A few days ago, I was with Guile doing some server startup.
    We had knife fights (or knife vs shovel)
    We had rocket only fights
    We had non-deployed MG fights

What do you guys do for low pop fun?
    [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
    So all you get is this crappy text]

1) Make certain that you have as many regulars and new players as possible on your Steam Friends list, every time you play add a few folks you enjoyed playing with and against.

2) As soon as you connect start messaging everyone on your friends list to join you in the "CAIN's LAIR DOD:s server".

3) Make certain that you address newly connecting players BY NAME, and make sure you keep saying over Voice "Welcome to Cain's Lair" 99% of us have little idea which server we have connected to.

If you keep doing all three and you keep expanding your Friends list, you will not have to sit alone for long.

Comment

Yeah, but when you do sit alone or with 1 other person, what can you do to keep yourself busy?

We all have those times... less and less, but they still do happen.

Comment

http://cainslair.org/showthread.php?t=7101

Playing with the Source physics is fun!
        "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a Communist."
        - Dom Helder Camara

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
          1) Make certain that you have as many regulars and new players as possible on your Steam Friends list, every time you play add a few folks you enjoyed playing with and against.

2) As soon as you connect start messaging everyone on your friends list to join you in the "CAIN's LAIR DOD:s server".

3) Make certain that you address newly connecting players BY NAME, and make sure you keep saying over Voice "Welcome to Cain's Lair" 99% of us have little idea which server we have connected to.

If you keep doing all three and you keep expanding your Friends list, you will not have to sit alone for long.

What he said.

Also- stop the "insider only" behavior the moment new people join. A lot of people log the moment they see people doing the shovel mosh pit.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post

Also- stop the "insider only" behavior the moment new people join. A lot of people log the moment they see people doing the shovel mosh pit.
            Yep, good point. Any odd behavior should be put aside when others start to come in.
            Unless they want to join in the fun of throwing barrels at each other

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
            Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
              by Apache Warrior
              6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
            • Reply to 6 years
              by Sirex
              I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
              Just hit 2.5K miles...
              5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
            • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
              by Sirex
              Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
              5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
            • Reply to Hell Let Loose
              by Sirex
              Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
              5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
            • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
              by Sirex
              Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
              5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
            Working...
            X