X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scrim (8/12) "Blog"

Good game boys.

The only difference was the teamplay.
    We usually play scrims. It was your first scrim so do not worry.
    You have good players.

There are more clans from Argentina interested in playing scrims if you want.

Regards,
    Pablo.

Scrim (8/12) "Blog"

(all times central)
    8:55
    Everyone is in the game, 6 v 6, and we are just playing around. We are working on our last minutes plans, classes, etc.

9:00
    Everyone is ready to go, but wait, how do we get this thing started? We all know it has something to do with rcon, but what is the command? Go noobs! We ask the other team, and thankfully they help us.

9:05
    We surprisingly win our first round, and we are pumped. We are all thinking, man who thought this would be so easy? (please note who got the winning cap)

Ok enough of the time shenanigans, I shall continue without them. We slowly get worse, and worse, and we go on this terrible losing streak. In fact, we didn't win another round as the Axis team. I got tired of taking an SS every time we lost, so there are only a few here to see.

I think we lost the first set of rounds 8 - 1. I didn't bother taking an SS of this, too embarrassing! LOL. After 20 minutes of a complete disaster, we switch sides, so we are Allies.

This time, instead of winning the first round, we lose every single round! I believe that the final score was 9 - 0. Another 20 minutes up, and the pain is finally gone! Here are various times throughout the 2nd part of the match. (please note my score)

It was a lot of fun, although we got killed! Next time we do it, Cain will have to set-up Source T.V. so everyone can watch. Man of the match for the Cain team is... HHG (by far!).

Go CLR!
    "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a Communist."
    - Dom Helder Camara

Comment

wow. ya got pwned. lol

good try to everyone who played.

for some reason i couldnt join, i kept freezing up on the loading time. but then i found out what it was but it was too late..

next time i guess...they were lucky i wasnt there.
      Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

Ya that was a fun 40 mins of play. Brought back some memories of playing in Rough Riders. Only difference was in Rough Riders we always won

But we also all played together every night and we had a strategy team that I led. We would spend the entire week analyzing the entire map down to every inch and writing each player a description of what they should do and at what times and in every circumstance we could think of.

This was a great time, heart was thumping in the beginning.

They were true to their strat. Ran it with out fail every time over and over and we just didn't adapt. They showed great discipline and stayed one step a head.

All and all it was a great time.

Rematch anyone. This time on our terms

"I know not with what weapons WW3 will be fought. But WW4 will be fought with sticks and stones"

Comment

Boo for Apache...I blame him...lol

J/K Apache! I love you. You were on the wall of my date. But seriously, I think it would have been a closer match if he was there. Apache just wipes the floor with me every time I play. But then again, this FPS isn't really my cup of tea but still fun.

Next time, I need to know what the time for me in PST b/c I had no clue when to show up. But I don't think I would of made that much of a difference.

Next time...Next time!
          [url="http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/19030358"]Dracontius - North America - Summoners - League of Legends Statistics - lolking.net[/url] - My LoL stats etc

[URL="http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82"]http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82[/URL] - Use link if you want to play League of Legends.

Comment

I went home last night, ate supper and went to bed. I was that exhausted.
            My son plays CSS in Cal and all they do, between matches, is practice and scrim. They play together constantly and have tactics and strategies for every situation. Good try but, remember we are amateurs and they are the pros.
            Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
            Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
            I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
            Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Great effort guys and kudos to Holy for do the grunt work

There is a big difference between those that play on public servers and those that compete. The competition teams practice working together with full communication and know exactly who is doing what at every moment.

You can never compare the way you played to them. No matter how good any of you are individually, they are much better working as a team.

With practice we could be just as good.

This is the main difference between most clans and us, we are here to play with the very good players that are attracted to Cain's Lair and like to have fun.....they are there to win team matches. One is not better than the other, just different goals.

You guys rock!!!!!

Comment

I'm proud of all of you, but....

I hopped on vent to listen to you guys and what made me the most proud was that you guys were laughing your heads off and having a great time...... THAT is what CLRs should be about, having fun and the fellowship of playing together outweighing the winning or losing.

I wish we had some audio recorded I was LMAO at you guys, particularly Jeffro who kept TKing his own guys !!

Comment

very true arrow. i'm looking forward to playing another scrim. but let us pick the map this time! lol. i'm sure we would of gotten owned either way though funny parts were me holy and nate all yelling at each other to do stuff lol.

Comment

shhhhh cain! nobody supposed to know about that!

Comment

Win or lose, sounds like you guys had fun.

As people have mentionned, these guys are pros and they showed what they are made of, both in terms of skills and in terms of sportsmanship.

Looks like it was fun for all involved.

But if we had the top 6 players who regularly play on Cain's, scrim and practice 4-5 nights a week, I'm sure we'd be up there.

Sorry I missed it
                      Thanks for the screenies
                      [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
                      So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
                        I went home last night, ate supper and went to bed. I was that exhausted.
                        My son plays CSS in Cal and all they do, between matches, is practice and scrim. They play together constantly and have tactics and strategies for every situation. Good try but, remember we are amateurs and they are the pros.
                        Apache
                        Yes, we play together often. dod_anzio is a very well known map because is a default map.
                        My team mates have been playing dods 1-2-3 years ago so they know very well the map.
                        You need a strategy for every map.

We are not pro, you can be sure of that. We had a good teamplay in a very well known map. That's all.

The only way to get teamplay is playing together. No secret.

I enjoy playing in public servers with no worries.
                        But sometimes I like to play seriously as a team. The key of the game I think.

We have got same results against other teams so do not give up and keep playing.

I want to mention the respect and sportsmanship during the match.

Because there were no plugins in server you can get the time remaining typing:
                        %t
                        You can make a bind with that.

I can arrange more matches against my clan or other clans of Argentina if you want to practice.

Saludos,
                        Pablo.

Comment

Originally posted by Guardia Republicano View Post
                          We are not pro, you can be sure of that. We had a good teamplay in a very well known map. That's all.

Ok..note to self...if these guys aren't pro, then avoid playing pros
                          [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
                          So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Thank you again Pablo,

If any of my guys show poor sportsmanship, they will not be a part of our group any longer.

Yes we definitely want to learn more and I would like to play one night, last night was out for me however.

I have that match server available whenever, and you can use it to play other Clans if you would like. All my servers run on my own dedicated boxes so I control them 100%.

Comment

It was fun! Probably a good thing i was sitting on Vent a few mins before the start and said that i was here as sub if you needed me. You did, but i wasn't much help.

I guess that's what you get when a player that has only played the game a little ,since he only bought it after the free weekend.

COD4 = I PWN.

Guess i need to be playing DoD more to pratice. But it was a very fun ride to be part of last night and i'd be willing to do it again.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X