Dumbest question you get asked at work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dumbest question you get asked at work

Okay, so after the post on what we do I got thinking about my old days as a real RN which can be very dangerous if it ends up in a reunion with my old budds. Anyway what is the dumbest question you get asked at work.

Picture this I am six foot tall and not to boast but in my opinion Helen Keller could not confuse me as being anything but male, so hear goes, the dumbest question I have ever been asked, and on many occasions:

Are you a male nurse
    Jaspurr

[img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/vitopagano/jaspurr.jpg[/img]

City Police, how may I assist y.... "Is this the City Police?"... uh, yes... "You're not the County?"... uh... *click*

Yes. That is a regular. Not the dumbest but the most common dumb question. I would have to think which of the others would win the award for that. Things like "Do I need a license to drive a car" or "Can I go to jail if I beat my child" would also rank high on the list.

Comment

Originally posted by 3EggOmelette
      City Police, how may I assist y.... "Is this the City Police?"... uh, yes... "You're not the County?"... uh... *click*

Yes. That is a regular. Not the dumbest but the most common dumb question. I would have to think which of the others would win the award for that. Things like "Do I need a license to drive a car" or "Can I go to jail if I beat my child" would also rank high on the list.
      Wow, I will have to be careful when in Florida for Christmas. 'Excuse me officer, do you play BF2?'
      Jaspurr

Comment

Mine is: Do you charge to do repairs?
        My reply: No because I don't have to pay my employees and my child doesn't need to eat.
        Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
        Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
        I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior
          Mine is: Do you charge to do repairs?
          My reply: No because I don't have to pay my employees and my child doesn't need to eat.
          Apache
          LOL

This reminds me of the woman working in the treasury office at my job... I needed money for the coffee machine so I gave her a 5 euro bill and asked for change (there is no smaller bill for euros than 5 ) and she asks me:

Do you want your change in bills or coins?

I am like... uh..
          K3BASFM. "Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
          sigpic

Support Cainslair. Donate here! Cain's Lair Forums

Comment

Years and years ago when I was in high school I use to work part time at Advance Auto. We'd have some real idoits call in searching for parts.

"Thank you for callng Advance Auto, this is Troy, how may I help you?"

"Is this the Vance Store?"

"Yes, how may I help you?"

"I need a water pump."

"Ok, sir, what type of vehicle is it for?"

"A red one."

"What make/model vehicle is it?"

"It's a four-door"

"Sorry, we're all out of stock. If you had a white two-door we could help you out."
            [SIZE=1][B]"Now more than ever the people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless, and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness, and corruption." ~President James Garfield[/B][/SIZE]
            <<< Please [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]donate[/URL] >>>

Comment

Originally posted by ObiTroy69
              Years and years ago when I was in high school I use to work part time at Advance Auto. We'd have some real idoits call in searching for parts.

"Thank you for callng Advance Auto, this is Troy, how may I help you?"

"Is this the Vance Store?"

"Yes, how may I help you?"

"I need a water pump."

"Ok, sir, what type of vehicle is it for?"

"A red one."

"What make/model vehicle is it?"

"It's a four-door"

"Sorry, we're all out of stock. If you had a white two-door we could help you out."

This thread is rich with laughter.

Comment

I have had people call me and ask how much their diamond is worth. I tell them they will have to bring it in so I can see it. One reply: It is about the size of a dime.
                Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Because I fly 50 seat regional jets and many people bought their tickets to fly on American they are somewhat surprised at the size of the aircraft so I often get "Is this aircraft safe?" Like I would be flying an unsafe airplane.
                  [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                  Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Duke{CLR}
                    Because I fly 50 seat regional jets and many people bought their tickets to fly on American they are somewhat surprised at the size of the aircraft so I often get "Is this aircraft safe?" Like I would be flying an unsafe airplane.
                    You ought to say yeah it's the same type John Denver flew....the worked out the bugs on this one though.

Comment

Not work related but, My GF at the time asked me to go and pick up some conditioner for her at the beauty supply place. I walk in and

Service Lady: Can I help you

Me: Yeah I'm looking for brand X conditioner

Service Lady: Is this for you (like shes about to make some type of recommendations)

Me: Ah no

I had a shaved head at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by mapes
                        Not work related but, My GF at the time asked me to go and pick up some conditioner for her at the beauty supply place. I walk in and

Service Lady: Can I help you

Me: Yeah I'm looking for brand X conditioner

Service Lady: Is this for you (like shes about to make some type of recommendations)

Me: Ah no

I had a shaved head at the time.
                        You gotta laugh.
                        Jaspurr

Comment

When giving injections or taking blood samples I get asked 'will it hurt?', to which my standard answer is 'I won't feel a thing'. I do give some reassurance, honestly, eventually MUHAHAHA
                          Jaspurr

Comment

I don't get too many odd questions at Target, just the usual "where are light bulbs at?" when we're standing in front of the aisle with light bulbs in it and the words, "Light Bulbs" posted clearly on the end.

Comment

Well, since I work at the vet I get more people asking stupid questions, but non are because they are stupid, but because they are worried about their pet/animal.

Same with class, it's more curiosity, and the kids will ask stupid questions just to be funny and waste time.

At my old old old job, my first job, working at a bottle return, I wasn't really asked stupid questions, but just had a bunch of stupid people.

People would take out of order signs off the machine that covers the area where you put the bottle in, and wonder why the machine didn't work.

Also, I worked inside as well facing the aisles in the store, and had a store phone that would ring everytime someone needed help.

If the person was braindead, it would ring about 20 times in 1 minute, because that person thinks I can all of a sudden teleport there.

I however use to get this...

idiot: can I get a handcount (me counting every can)

me: Sorry I can't, company rule you got to put all cans in and I can only count regects (there was a camara looking at me the whole time, and we can get fired for that)

idiot: Please I'm in a hurry, please count these 500 cans for me

What's wrong?? Someone brings 500 cans, immediately asks me to count them out, because they are in a hurry... WHY WOULD YOU GO TO A BOTTLE RETURN IF YOU'RE IN A HURRY!!!

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 3
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X