Psycho stats vs in game Stats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Psycho stats vs in game Stats

I think in game is called SOD, not sure.

After my gaming session last night (ended around 11pm) I had climbed back up to #3 (from #5) when I type /top10.

I checked psycho this morning and I dropped to #8 from #5.

While I can assume that how stats are calculated differs, why would a positive gaming sessions (2x kills than deaths, 15+ flag caps each round) negatively affect my psycho stats?

Oh yeah, I'm a stat whore. So this stuff matters
    [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
    So all you get is this crappy text]

This brings up a good point.

I am looking for a plugin that will give in-game stats linked to our PS.

ATM the two are totally, and completely unrelated.

I have to use a plugin to log weapons, hit locations etc.

I have another plugin for the SOD Stats.

I will need to use another plugin to show in-game death stats.

Right now that is three plugins and I will need yet another plugin to allow in-game PS.

Question: How big of a deal are the in-game stats and rankings to most folks ???

======

Twink, I'm also looking into plugins that when players type certian words into chat, it changes what they tried to say to anything I want. I'm highly tempted when people type rank or stats to change the output to say "Yes I'm a Statwhore!"..

Comment

lol, dont you dare change that... I'm going to be spamming "I'm a stat whore" over and over.

Question: How big of a deal are the in-game stats and rankings to most folks ???
      While they are not the be all and end all of a server, I thikn they do attract people and mostly, get them to come back! If you start to have fun in a server, and notice your stats are logged, you are tempted to come back and better them.

When playing a non CL game, I always look for a place with stats.

Its like playing an MMO (kinda, not really, bare with me) where you have a reason to come back, other than the people. In an MMO, you go back for more loot, items, stat upgrades, levels... in an FPS, the more things we can give people to make them come back, the better

Comment

Oh, I'm down with Stats Twink....

the question was the importance on "in-game" Stats....

thoughts ??

Comment

Both are important, but for maintaining a server, I would say in game are more important.

In game stats are important and a good tool to bring in new blood to a server. People keep coming back to the same place instead of randomly picking servers if they know that they have stats saved there.

Online stats are really fun to see and browse for active community members.

Being able to see in game stats will bring people in and keep them coming to the server, online stats are going to help keep people in the community.

If I had to chose, I'd keep in game over online

Comment

Eventually we will have in-game PsychoStats...

For now they are two entirely separate systems, so I'm gonna pull the SOD Stats for the weekend. the SOD Stats have absolutely nothing to do with logging the stats, and it exists on its own.

Something is not quite right with our server, and I need to figure out what is wrong.

Comment

Personally, I don't support server rankings where you can type "rank" and it shows your rank or some form of that. Mainly because that tends to attract cheaters. Cheaters cheat for whatever reason, whether it being low self-esteem or they just like ticking people off. In-game stats tend to attract the former. They like to be able to see their stats and think to themselves, "Wow I'm in the top 10!" or "Look at me everyone! I'm in the top10!" Or some variation of that. I'm just as competitive as any of you, if not moreso...so of course I understand people's curiosity about how their skill compares to others. However, I don't need a stats system to know how I compare, I let the scoreboards and people that say "I HATE YOU CHEESER ARGHH!!" do that for me . I'm not trying to start an argument or anything like that, I'm just putting in my two cents from my years of experience playing online games.
              Ahhh...the power of cheese!

Comment

Good feedback Cheese..........

I have typically shied away form stats because it tends to discourage team play...

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
                  Good feedback Cheese..........

I have typically shied away form stats because it tends to discourage team play...
                  That too
                  Ahhh...the power of cheese!

Comment

tweakable stats where flag caps are worth more points than kills are fun.

But yeah, stats will tend to have people sitting at an MG or at a snipe without capping flags to take in the points.

Comment

With PS we can increase such things as points for caps and the like.
                      So when they are ingame, all the kill kill kill only people will wonder why they are going down in rank and not up hehe

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
                      ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Comment

You should have a reverse stat week where deaths give you points, kills take away... lol ... or maybe not

Comment

Originally posted by BigTwinky View Post
                          You should have a reverse stat week where deaths give you points, kills take away... lol ... or maybe not
                          Now that a stat I could lead in.
                          [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                          Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by BigTwinky View Post
                            Funny idea, but wouldn't work. We would end every round with 0 kills and a ton of suicides. If this is the goal, there won't be anyone out there "endangering" their score by trying to actually kill anyone else.

Nothing but shovels/knives in hand when on the move, and primed grendades ready for the suicidal blow.

-Rand
                            [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                            Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Sirex View Post
                              With PS we can increase such things as points for caps and the like.
                              So when they are ingame, all the kill kill kill only people will wonder why they are going down in rank and not up hehe
                              i dont like people who just sit back and camp and want just looking for easy kills neither but this option would ruin being a sniper or mg, as those 2 classes are tend stay back and watch over a flag and defend it and not having many flags capture. i once went 41-6 on avalanche sniping and only had 1 flag capture.

a suggestion to this can be, +10points for flag captures. +5 points for kills, +20 points for blocking flags capture. +15points for knife kills and -100 for teamkiller. they have this over another community which im part of too, and i like it very much.

another thing will be changing the skills to points. if its possible.
                              Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X