Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lets talk :)

hey guys whatsup, lets have a seat and have a lil conversation
    the server has been going really well but it seems we are leveling out a little bit. The one thing i wanted to talk about was map endings and the mass exodus of people leaving the server. So ok, this is what happens:

The server is packed and we are all having a good time, then the map ends. One person leaves, then another, then BAM! 10 more leave. I understand that alot of us are casual gamers and have things to do and whatnot, i don't want yall to get the wrong impression that i'm telling yall never to leave lol. But this is what i think happens. If one guys leaves, then another is like "ok since that guy is leaving i guess i will leave to" and so on. Then when the next map comes up... we are like 4 on 4 which is sad I know alot of people like playing with CLR'S as do I, but don't worry if somebody leaves after the map ends, just hang in there, people are joining the server at all times. I guarantee if you guys just stay in there after the map ends then there won't be that mass exodus. And then after people leave and the new maps starts at 4 on 4, the remaining people are like "pffft i'm bored i'm gonna leave too" BAH! Hang in there guys, lets test my lil theory here and see if we can keep a steady amount of players for more than 45 minutes.

Thanks for this lil talk... there are milk and cookies in the break room.

The milk and cookies are a lie! All I saw in the break room was a half eaten zagnut and some paper cups! Boooo! Boo I say!
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i61/2HARDKOR/maj_massacre.jpg[/img]

Comment

Excellent point Jeffro, this is why I keep fiddling with map times.

When the map times are 60 mins the server always gets busier, when it is 30 mins the same number leave, however the map was not up as long for people to connect, so the server ends up attracting less folks.

Perhaps I should try maps for 45 mins ?? 60 mins, while it works well, is a little long for me.

I have studied the top servers and their map times are 60-120 mins...

Thoughts ??

<munching on cookies>

Comment

45 minutes sounds good. we can't please everybody, so do what works for us. its a work in progress

mmmmm peanut butter cookies

Comment

Yeah, 60 is too long, 30 too short, let's try 45 for a while....

=========

Damnit are these Peanut Butter cookies !?!?!?!?!

I'm allergic to PB !!!!!! <phoning 911>

Comment

muahahah my plan worked! I shall now overthrow cain while he having his allergic reaction!!!!

Comment

<must .... stop ..... brows ..... >

Comment

You guys should get a room
                [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
                So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

I have one.....

The EMERGENCY Room at Richland Memorial Hospital ..

Comment

ahhh i even have the name of the hospital he in now.... it would be ashame if some of the equipment he is on would "malfunction" accidents like that happen all the time

on another note... i'm gonna try to be in most of the evening today guys lets jump in!

Comment

I never get to play!

I'll come in just as the last wave leaves our server (sorry but I have an affinity to another game found in my siggy).

We need the CLRs in the Central and West to start joining us at 9pm PDT.
                      Full sponsorship to 12am PDT is what wil grow this server volume and keep it steady (look at the most popular server and the stats, the wee hours are West and Central dominated).

I'm going to make a conscious effort to sit there no matter what happens until midnight each night.

~Hammy

Comment

Last night I joined and Jeffro quit.
                        I will be on tonight after I do payroll. For some reason my employees seem to want to be payed regularly.
                        <Dunks an Oreo in milk.>
                        Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                        Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                        I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

yeah that was my bad, had to leave b/c of personal reasons (my fiance telling me to get off the computer or certain parts of me would be cut off)

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
                            yeah that was my bad, had to leave b/c of personal reasons (my fiance telling me to get off the computer or certain parts of me would be cut off)
                            Dude, you're getting married soon. You won't need some of those parts anymore.

-Rand
                            [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                            Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Jeffro, Jeffro, Jeffro...
                              Mmmmmm, Thanks for the cookies
                              Oh sorry!

Very good point though. Hadn't thought of that being a possilibity, so from now on when I'm going to get out of a game I won't just say by and bail out, I'll go to spec instead and start watching and see if it makes a difference.

Thanks for the suggestion.

So Jeffro, I got a question for you, are you a Cajun or just a local visitor, I started to say a nick name a buddie of mine(Boudreaux) would say but I didn't want to affend anyone else
                              [IMG]http://thepebkac.net/images/sigs/Outdoors_sig.jpg[/IMG]
                              Like the community? Donate here:
                              [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate[/URL]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X