X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DoDS Realism Mod

Should we try this on our server ???

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=72791

The Realism Mod for DoDS adds many features that many Realism communities look for in the game.
    This version incorporates some of the original features of the ES version:

* Bleeding - if your health drops below a certain level, the player bleeds until they either get healed or they die
    * Machine Gunners and Rocket players are heavier and slower
    * The time to win the round is displayed
    * When a player gets hit in the arm, the weapon may be dropped depending on the damage
    * Displays headshots
    * Fade to black on death
    * Medic feature - call medic and you get healed
    * Knock back on injury

The SourceMod version adds many more features:

* Medic arrival can be set so that when the player calls medic, there will be a delay.
    * Now if you get hit in either arm, you may drop your gun (the ES version only had it working for one arm)
    * Get hit in either leg and you move slower and cannot jump as high, until you get healed.
    * Medic healing is random and not set to a certain value (as in the ES version)
    * When healing takes place, the player's screen fades out slightly and they are immobilized (unable to move), but they can still fire.
    * Constant yelling for medic will prevent access to healing
    * On injury, the players screen will fade to red briefly. If they are bleeding, as their health lowers, the screen becomes more opaque.
    * A cvar to set all players' health at spawn

The plugin is also set up for my new Medic Class plugin (coming soon) so that the medic function is disabled if the Medic Class plugin is installed.

Sounds cool... not sure what everyone else thinks, but it might be a good change of pace

Comment

no thanks. i personally dont like this mod.
      Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

Remember when you had this type of medic mod on CS? Do you remember when players could set other players on fire if they were to close to an exploding nade?
        Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
        Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
        I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

lol !! And the screaming was hilarious !!

Comment

And if a player, who was on fire, got to close to another player...whoosh. And more screaming.
            Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
            Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
            I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
            Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

While this sounds pretty cool, there are a few drawbacks:
              1. It sounds quite complicated for new players.
              2. Players must download new content before they even join the server. Currently, custom maps are even a stretch.

I personally don't want it.
              "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a Communist."
              - Dom Helder Camara

Comment

I've played with servers that use this mod and I find it to be irritating. If you get shot in the arms for a significant amount of damage, you automatically drop your weapon. Sure that's MORE realistic, but I find it to be LESS fun. In my opinion, and this goes for ALL games, when you are left with a choice in gameplay design between realism and fun gameplay, ALWAYS choose fun gameplay.
                Ahhh...the power of cheese!

Comment

That's true on the fun part, BUT some of us do like the option to have a game that is more realistic. There's not really that many of them.
                  [IMG]http://thepebkac.net/images/sigs/Outdoors_sig.jpg[/IMG]
                  Like the community? Donate here:
                  [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by DougBob View Post
                    That's true on the fun part, BUT some of us do like the option to have a game that is more realistic. There's not really that many of them.
                    u want something hardcore realism.?

try Red Orchestra, u wont be disappointed. that its a ultimate realism game for WWII
                    Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

I think this would be fun as hell but I don't think the general public would like it much.
                      [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                      Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                      Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                      widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X