X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any one wanna try this ??

DoD:S GunGame for SourceMod

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=74755

hahaha awesome, cs gungame is friggin awesome... i never played dod gun game before

Comment

It is new.... How do you think the regulars would like it ??

Comment

i think they would like it buuttttt how are we gonna do this? have a different server or just replace the dods vanilla with this? we want to be careful and not loose the player base... even having an additional server is gonna split the player base and i dunno if we are "healthy" enough yet to do that.

Comment

The DOD:S server is picking up steam and bring loads of new people to the community (which is awesome!) I would hate to remove the server from them. And I think CLRs are a big part of what is bringing people back to the server…Jeffro, Holy, Ruthless, Bar Apache and so on are very often present…and having the same names in there makes people come back!

Every new server that comes up often has a bunch of CLRs migrating over to get it going, try it out. So we would lose some of the regulars we have in DOD:S right now.

I was introduced to CS:S Gun Game by Jeffro and I loved the mod. I think a DOD:S gun game would be a hoot to play, but not at the expense of losing the DOD:S community we are building.
          [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
          So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

No idea what gun game is. No explanation on the site you linked.
            A change of Pace.
            "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

And I think CLRs are a big part of what is bringing people back to the server…Jeffro, Holy, Ruthless, Bar Apache and so on are very often present
              CAIN ????

Comment

OOOOOOO! i think you should ban him for a day now

Comment

Comment

Isn't Cain the CLO? Cain's Lair Owner?

I referenced CLRs...
                    Yeah, thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

Comment

Originally posted by paceman View Post
                      No idea what gun game is. No explanation on the site you linked.

Going with the assumption that DOD:S GG is the same as CS:S GG, here is my mini description from the post we had going about CS:S a few months ago

GunGame is typically played on smaller / custom maps, not on the deliverred classic maps

Everyone starts the game off with a crappy pistol.
                      When you kill someone, you get the next weapon type, which is a slightly less crappy pistol. After killing 4-5 people to go through the pistols, you get a shot gun, then the auto shotty, then the SMGs and so on.

Once you go through all the guns, you end up having to kill someone with a grenade.
                      The fun thing is that you have a nade, while most others have SMGs or MGs, so its kinda hard.

Once you get a nade kill, you then must kill someone with a knife.

Note about the knife, killing someone at any time with a knife, no matter what gun you are on, will give you an extra level up, and will actually level the person you killed down.

Some servers allow a level up by weapon kill only once per round, others allow is many times per round. The once per round means that you kill someone with your shotty, you then no longer level up with weapons until the next round starts, unless you kill someone with a knife.

Hope that makes sense....

A really fun thing with GunGame is low grav

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
                        only if u run it on a different server. we dont wanna lose the people that we already got playing here.
                        Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

The majority of gun game players only play gun game.. It is fun but looking at the gun game servers for DOD currently and how many players are actually playing it is very minimal.

Comment

Great feedback guys, I agree with you .....

Comment

Hmmm - sounds like the Democrat's version of life. The haves and the have nots.....
                              A change of Pace.
                              "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X