• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maps

Donner = good

Kalt = Great

RR2 = Amazingly great

Fourth map is always a struggle for us...

Anzio sucked, Palermo is spotty

Avalanche just attracts campers and jerks

Thoughts ??

Strand....

Comment

So Railroad finally caught on?

It sounds like custom maps are working well, so I would suggest one of them. Perhaps one of the ones (Harrington maybe?), that we tested out originally could be a 4th map.
      "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a Communist."
      - Dom Helder Camara

Comment

RR did great !!! 30 players !!

Harrington makes sense it is the most played Custom map so most folks already have it..

And it is not too large a download either..

Comment

Palermo did MUCH better than Anzio.. much better !!

Comment

question? why does the map download everytime over and over...? i already download it previously from the server here, but everytime it change to RR it download all over again. i dont get it? anyone else getting this?? this should not happen if you already have the map save on the dod folder, this should affect only to those that are first time downloading it. what gives?

edit: about the maps. im saw how anzio empty out the server slowly. either jagd (its good and dont be fool about how many minute it played, that because the map came out after 6months of original release of dod) or lennon (custom)
            Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

Good question Ruthless, it does not completelt redownload for me, but it is definitely slower to start the round than a standard map.

I'm not sure why....

Tonight we will try Harrington and see how folks like that one....

Comment

Originally posted by RuThLeSsKiLLa View Post
                question? why does the map download everytime over and over...? i already download it previously from the server here, but everytime it change to RR it download all over again. i dont get it? anyone else getting this?? this should not happen if you already have the map save on the dod folder, this should affect only to those that are first time downloading it. what gives?
                I have this too. I don't think that it is re-downloading the whole map. If you look at the name of the file, it has the word "graphs" in it I believe. I don't know what this means though.
                "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a Communist."
                - Dom Helder Camara

Comment

I would like to play Jagd again.
                  What was the map, on 1.3, that had the tall hill on the British side and the trenches on the right and left side? There was a house on the Axis start side too.
                  Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                  Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                  I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                  Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

cough cough *strand* cough couch

Comment

lets hope to see edge make the list

Comment

I would like to try Edge too.
                        Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                        Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                        I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

oh yeah def edge ill take

Comment

Anything new or old works with me. I don't know most of the maps well enough to care one way or the other, and there are no truly blatant unbalanced maps (that I've seen to date anyway) like Creek, or shear insanity like Shipment and Killhouse.

-Rand
                            [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                            Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by RuThLeSsKiLLa

I have this too. I don't think that it is re-downloading the whole map. If you look at the name of the file, it has the word "graphs" in it I believe. I don't know what this means though.
                              Just thought I would share this with you guys that don't understand. What you are downloading is the AIN file. This is from maps that the level designer did not put waypoints for bots to run around. Since Bots are rare in DOD but are not in other Source engine games the rendering looks for these. Your essentially downloading an AIN for the map. In the note below, you are downloading the "Automatically Generated" info_nodes. I don't know if there is a way to shut them off, but really they only take about 5-7 seconds to download. Since this is on the server side I don't think that info actually stays on your pc for next time, or when the map boots up maybe it resets them I'm not sure exactly. Next time you join the map and you see it downloading, the file ext should be .ain. If it says .bsp then you are downloading the entire map.

Posted on the Valve Developers website:
                              An AIN file is a nodegraph; it can either be automatically generated or made from info_nodes placed by hand in the level. AIN files are used by NPC's to navigate around their enviroment. If there is no existing AIN file specific to that map, or if it was generated for an older version of that map, the AIN file ( <MAP_NAME>.ain ) is generated by the game. The message "Node graph out of date. Rebuilding..." is seen at the beginning of that map if the AIN file was built or re-built.

The graph files are stored in the ..\<game>\maps\graphs directory.

Retrieved from "http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Ain"

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X