X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battlefield 3 FAQ

Frequently Asked Questions - Battlefield 3

Is BF3 Vista only?

No. In the Info we have gathered so far Vista and MacOSX are mentioned but not XP. But at the same time it is mentioned that it builds upon the Frostbite DX engine. As mentioned in an older news the engine is capable of running on a multitude of platforms, among them Windows XP with DirectX 9 and Shader Model 3. It also supports DX10 for Vista and the consoles Xbox 360 and PS3 at the moment. So there is no technical hurdle that it would not come out on XP, besides that an interesting Steam survey shows that over 82% of steam gamers still have XP and vista in total only gets about 15%. It would be madness to release a game like this in a situation like this, for Vista only. And for any faults anyone could find in DICE and EA, they are not known to make decisions like this that would cost them millions in revenue.

Info - Battlefield 3

Yeah EA is very well known for how much they love making money. With all the hype of battlefield 3 and the fact that a game like this can easily live up to it, i bet about 75% of current BF players will buy BF3 within the first 3 months. If they went vista and Mac X only they would lose out on probably at least 50 million. I know i will not buy vista just to play BF3 and many others probably thinking that too.

Also the reason i think BF3 will live up to the hype is that EA reported that it will have 48 vehicles and 56 weapons. Though it is lame that it is still NATO vs MEC.

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
      And for any faults anyone could find in DICE and EA, they are not known to make decisions like this that would cost them millions in revenue.
      How about cancelling Madden for PC and making it console only?
      Last edited by H0ly-H@nd-Gr3nade; 30 Aug 2008, 11:59 PM. Reason: fixed quote

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
      Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
      widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X