Finally !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally !!

Well I think we have finally gotten our DOD:S server where I wanted it to be.

It has taken almost two months and a lot of time, work and a lot of testing, so I appreciate everyone who helped us test over the last two months...

I confirmed yesterday that people (CLRs, and more importantly non-CLRs) LOVE custom Maps, and most people prefer FF on. If you look at the stats you will see yesterday was BY FAR our biggest day in terms of player connections....

Here are some of the things we have that are non-standard but make our server more fun:

SourceMod - the mother of all plugins, allows very cool Admin functions, serves as a base for many other plugins, and provides player feedback like nextmap, timeleft, ff status, and so forth.

FF on, with Reflect Damage, and a TK Manager.

Custom maps on a fast re-direct with compressed files. (that new Saints re-make is really fun!)...

Dead Talk - you can always talk to everyone on your team with voice whether you are dead or not.

Psycho Stats, and an in-game interface to check your rank and the top 10.

Scrolling text announcing server, settings and rules.

I had a plugin that told you what Country the players were connecting from, but I don't think anyone cared about it so I pulled it. If it gets updated to show what State they are connecting from, I would install that.

Advanced Weapons Logging for DODS to include headshots.. Our friend Pablo actually created this. DODS does not have a HS event, nor does it do weapons logging or hit location, all that is an add-on to make the stats function properly.

We now have custom sprays enabled, with a new plugin that allows an admin to see who sprayed any particular spray, then remove it and punish the sprayer if necessary. (Vito we all need cool, custom Sprays now!!)

I am considering allowing map-voting, provided I can make it work the way we want. At present if only 3 people out of 32 voted and two voted yes, the map would change to what they voted. I'll keep looking for map voting such that the majority of the server would have to vote affirmatively for the map to change.

I'm also checking into SourceTV.

Any other ides or suggestions, I am certainly open to listen to and consider.

Thanks for all the hard work Cain

The server is doing great with a great group of players and lots of new faces joining in the fun!!!

Comment

DoD:S is a really a fun game to play. Mainly in part to your hard work Cain.

Comment

Agreed, I've been having a blast, see a lot of people pretty regularly and there's only been one time where the server was really dead that I was on. DougBob and I shot each other for a while Thanks for all the time, hard work, and money you put in to this Cain, the server definitely kicks ass!
        [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/Igorod/troopdod.jpg[/img]
        [url=http://profile.xfire.com/trooper110][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/1/trooper110.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Good Job Cain! It seems like you have it tuned just right. Boy it really stinks being alone in my in laws house with a 57 ping and a laptop that isn't working.
          [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
          Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Dead Talk - you can always talk to everyone on your team with voice whether you are dead or not.
            Be aware that if you kill me I am directing my team to where you are.

I thought there was a plugin that only changed the map if a minimum number of people voted.
            Maybe I am thinking of CSS.
            Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
            Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
            I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
            Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

And all the work we've put into the server (especially you "Uncle Cain") really showed yesterday.
              We had a great crowd ALL DAY long and I don't think there is any better time to say, I am so proud to be a part of this server and community .

Cain for making gaming enjoyable for all of us.

P.S.
              I'll give my DaD a holler about those custom sprays.

Comment

woot thank you cain for all your hard work.

all the "tweeks" you have been doing have made it really really fun. and we have been getting bigger and bigger crowds all the time with more of them coming back.

the custom maps are cool but i keep getting lost lol. oh well ill get to know them soon enough and make people fly with my nades soon hehe.

Comment

Originally posted by Kriotek View Post
                  oh well ill get to know them soon enough and make people fly with my nades soon hehe.
                  Great job on the server cain its awesome. also krio to make the other team fly with the nades you gotta remember to throw them

Comment

Wow a lot of work has been done, thanks to everyone that have put the efforts! I am having a blast with this game, gracias Cain!
                    K3BASFM. "Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
                    sigpic

Support Cainslair. Donate here! Cain's Lair Forums

Comment

Congratulations Cain. Good work!
                      You are making a lot people interested in dods and having fun. That is very nice.

Sometimes I play in your server. I use name Locke

Comment

Originally posted by Guardia Republicano View Post
                        Congratulations Cain. Good work!
                        You are making a lot people interested in dods and having fun. That is very nice.

I was on your team yesterday!!

Comment

Congratz Cain and for DoDS server. Custom maps are very good for play and for attracting new players.
                          Sunday was great to play on with almost full server
                          An remember guys : First must be taken double flag FTW

Comment

Originally posted by Guardia Republicano View Post
                            Ahhh, that is you ?? You are in the top 50 of our stats today !! I reset the stats to only count the ones since I installed your new weapons logging plugin that logs headshots...

Send me a PM when you get a chance, Sirex and I cannot get the streaming PS stats to work properly....

Take care my friend, and thank you for the HS logging, I'm going to keep bumping the Thread on Allied Modders..

Comment

Originally posted by scooter View Post
                              Great job on the server cain its awesome. also krio to make the other team fly with the nades you gotta remember to throw them
                              i do throw them sometimes i hit a lag spike and they appear back in my hand after i let them go. Sirex has seen it happen, he was laughing his head off.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X