Feedback from the ONS Guys ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feedback from the ONS Guys ??

Well how do you old ONS guys like UT3 so far ??

Liking Vctf the best so far, holding real opinions though untill retail and I can play warfare.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Lots of fun, real intense...

Had two flag caps tonight with me driving the manta and someone skiing behind it. Managed to make it from the blue base, all the way to the red base, guy hopped off and grabbed the flag, hopped back on and then made it all the way back to the blue base.

Can't wait to see how Warfare mode plays out.
      * Tuqui-tuqui hugs bliss
      <Tuqui> hmm .... nice and soft
      <bliss> ...
      * bliss` takes off his bunny suit

Comment

I really like VCTF although at times, I feel like the players don't have a lot of teamwork (like I remember on the 2k4 server). This, though, is probably due to the newness of the game.

That being said, I love the game as a whole. I wish I had more time to play, but I have some java games I need to get done for class :/. I really look forward to the warfare mode, as it seems like it will encourage the type of teamwork we had back on the ONS server : ).

Comment

I much prefer ONS to this, though vCTF is good for a bit-o-fun.

Seems to stalemate way too much though, kinda makes it boring after a while. ONS never seemed to stalemate that badly (except for maybe Primeval ). All in all, I wait with baited breath to see how warfare plays. Hoping that the new bombing run feature of Warfare doesn't unbalance things terribly, as ONS was always a great place to find some good teamwork.

Comment

I love the graphics. The feel is good but different from UT2004.

Sad to see some things taken away like the twin beams in the hell bender.

I did a summons and flew the cicada around for a while. It's flying and maneuvering characteristics are excellent. Epic really improved the look and the accuracy of attacking with it.

The scorpion rules! The fire and alt fire rock!

Raptor is solid. I need a shield gun when I bail out though! lol

Manta is solid but I have to get the feel for it. It is more responsive them the old one. Its movements remind me of a butterfly. lol

The tank is awesome. It can shoot higher and its accuracy seems better.

Visually, the shock combo explosion is not as visible as the old. Very good but something about the purple doesn't contrast well against the background.

Rockets and flax are much better. I love it.

Weapons are now one for one to the numbers 0-9. I like that. I hope there is a way to do keybinds creating a switchpipe effect.

Overall this is a promising beta demo. I am looking forward to the retail version and warfare.
            [url=http://profile.xfire.com/nomadicus][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sf/type/0/nomadicus.png[/img][/url]

Comment

I'm loving UT3 so far, but i prefer ONS over Vctf. I think it's pretty much certain that Warfare is where i'll be playing.

Comment

I dislike the hover board. CTF isn't the same with it.

I prefered riding on the wings of the Manta instead of joggeling behind it as easy jojo target with no control at all.
                Please like Pocket Radio Player on Facebook to support this little Freeware app.

Comment

The Goliath is actually less accurate than in ONS: there's more deviation to the shot spread. That hasn't stopped me from dominating in it, but it does get frustrating for the long distance shots.

Another map would be more fun, if we couldn't get a flat out Warfare map. Me in a Goliath on this map is unbalancing, or at least would be if/when teamwork starts to appear. I think I had about 7 Wicked Sick runs in my ONS time after the first major stat reset. I've already had 2 "Massacre" runs, which are the same thing, in just 2 online sessions, both on the same session. Lots of Eagle Eyes also.

I really, really miss the shield gun. Screw impact hammer, I want that cushion from when I'm falling. I don't like getting knocked off a tower and having that long fall to just wait for the inevitable splat, whereas with a shield gun, if I had enough health, I'm walking away from the fall.

Hoverboard can be nice in moderation. I hate getting knocked off the things, so I'm learning quickly to use them in spurts. The few times I've tried to grapple something fast, like a manta, the driver went somewhere strange, so I'm waiting for a coordinated assault on the flag and reserve full comment.

Raptors are more manueverable, which is cool. Still slow on pure up and down. I don't really like how easy it is to lock on and fire missiles against other raptors though. Conversely, I like that it's easier to lock onto mantas. Air to air fights are quick, brutal, and a factor of luck: first lock on wins.

In general, that tweak and the nerfing of foot movement leave a lot more up to luck than skill over UT2k4. Skill still helps, but you're a bit limited in what you can do if you had the ability to move well before, so someone just running along has a better chance of taking you out than before.

Other comments would have to wait until we get a Warfare map. It has to be at least as fun as ONS for the game to truly be successful.

-Rand
                  [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                  Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

I really, really miss the shield gun. Screw impact hammer, I want that cushion from when I'm falling. I don't like getting knocked off a tower and having that long fall to just wait for the inevitable splat, whereas with a shield gun, if I had enough health, I'm walking away from the fall.

Hoverboard can be nice in moderation. I hate getting knocked off the things, so I'm learning quickly to use them in spurts. The few times I've tried to grapple something fast, like a manta, the driver went somewhere strange, so I'm waiting for a coordinated assault on the flag and reserve full comment.
                    Can you pull out the hoverboard while falling and use it to stop your fall?
                    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior

Apache
                      I've tried that and it works to some degree. Jumping from a bridge will knock 40% of your health away but if you bail from a raptor you splat even with the hoverboard.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau

Apache
                        I've tried that and it works to some degree. Jumping from a bridge will knock 40% of your health away but if you bail from a raptor you splat even with the hoverboard.
                        I read the chat that Cain posted the link to, and the devs say that it won't do jack to stop falling damage.

You probably had some armor or something, or just got lucky.

Oh, Hoverboards work just like the McFly board. They can't go across water very well.

-Rand
                        [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                        Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Missing the shield gun like hell....
                          Please like Pocket Radio Player on Facebook to support this little Freeware app.

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR}
                            Originally posted by juneau

Apache
                            I read the chat that Cain posted the link to, and the devs say that it won't do jack to stop falling damage.

You probably had some armor or something, or just got lucky.

Oh, Hoverboards work just like the McFly board. They can't go across water very well.

-Rand
                            I'll remember not to try a repeat performance then.

Comment

Warfare will make it or break it for me. VCTF as a gamemode to me is somewhat lacking, and the UT3 version doesn't make it any more intense than 2K4, despite some pretty stuff. It's mostly tweaked versions of prior games which is great, just not innovative imo.

That said, I've decided I can't really test much with my current hardware... as I get mileage out of some other games still atm, hoping warfare will be the motivation to make the jump for the next 3 year or so system.

Meaning, counting on Rand for some dissertation type reports on Warfare.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X