So I installed....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I installed....

And launched it, and the big "UNREAL 3" symbol shows up and then my monitor goes black and says "Analog - Power Saving Mode".
    And I have to restart my comp to see again.

Update video drivers, I was getting bluescreens until I did that.

Comment

Sounds like your card is overheating. Dust it off real good and hope it's not permanently damaged.

MD

Comment

Ok so I managed to get into the game. Looked for Cains, waited for it to clear so I could get in, and halfway through the loading, "Analog - Power Saving Mode"

I'll try your suggestions

Comment

anyone?

Comment

Going into power saving mode would pretty much say that it's a graphics card related issue.

Card make, series, and drivers please.

Comment

Also, if you have temp logging turn it on before you launch the game and after crash. Post up card info and temps.
              Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

out of curiosity, are you overclocking anything at all? If so then set it all back to stock speeds. Also if you can get the game up and running to the main screen, go into settings->video and turn everything down. See if you can get it to load into a game with everything on low. Then work your way back up.
                [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Clean any dust off of it and make sure your fans are all running up like they should. I can tell you there about a 90% chance your card is overheating. Do everything you can to help ventalate that sucker! Take the cover off your computer and move a regular household fan in front of it if you have one small enough. Then try running the game again, and as others said monitor your temperature.

MD

Comment

My card is an nVidia geforce 7800 gts (I think) with the latest drivers.

I never OC

How do I temp log?

So I should just take off the side cover and blow?

Comment

If you have any canned air, use that to blow out the card itself and all the fans in your case while your at it. Don't do this with your computer on. I had a Gforce 6800gt that I neglected to keep clean and the very same thing eventually happened to my card. Dust is a great insulator I found the hard way.

Try that first and then run the game again. If that does not work then try the case open and floor fan idea. As far as checking the temp, there is a program called Ntune that will allow you to monitor your temperatures. Once installed it will show up as an option in your Nvidia control panel. Normal temperatures for that card under load vary, but if your card gets above 80-90 cellcius it will shut down to protect itself from damage.

NTUNE Download

Keep us posted!

MD

Comment

Hum, I wonder if the fan on that card is underclocked stock... If it is then you may be able to use Rivatuner to up the fan speed to it's max and that could help. Also, if you're really wanting to, you could take off the heatsink/fan for your vid card and put some artic silver 5 onto it... every little bit helps.
                        [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by MajorDeath
                          If you have any canned air, use that to blow out the card itself and all the fans in your case while your at it. Don't do this with your computer on. I had a Gforce 6800gt that I neglected to keep clean and the very same thing eventually happened to my card. Dust is a great insulator I found the hard way.
                          Alright, I'm DLin that now, but I don't understand how my card is so dusty and hot. I just got it back from the shop a week or two ago.

Right, so it says before game launch:
                          GPU1: 47 degrees C

Well so I launched the game, had to restart as usual, this time it didn't even show the "EPIC" clip. so I restarted, launched hte heat thing and it said:
                          GPU1: 48 degrees C

Comment

What OS are you running?

Comment

XP

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X