X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crysis and Warhead to be available on Steam

Crysis Warhead Coming To Steam

Latest from Legendary Studio Coming to Leading Online Platform

September 12, 2008 – Crytek and Valve today announced an agreement to bring Crysis Warhead? and Crysis? to Steam, a leading platform for the delivery and management of PC games and digital content with over 15 million accounts around the world.

“The millions of gamers logging into Steam every week to play today’s best PC games are going to love Crysis Warhead,” said Avni Yerli, Managing Director at Crytek. “Crytek Hungary has done a terrific job creating this new experience while optimizing CryEngine 2, and we’re looking forward to delivering it and the original Crysis as our first offerings on Steam.”

“Crytek is one of the industry’s great success stories, emerging new technology and talent,” said Gabe Newell, president and co-founder of Valve. “Crysis is one of today’s leading PC franchises and delivering the original and Crysis Warhead via Steam is landmark for the platform.”

The follow up to Crysis, one of the highest rated PC games of last year, Crysis Warhead will take players through the parallel story of Sergeant Michael ‘Psycho’ Sykes as he embarks on an intense, explosive adventure on the other side of the island. With waves of more challenging human and alien enemies to navigate through, players will once again be outfitted with the revolutionary Nanosuit and an arsenal of new weapons and vehicles to help Psycho complete his critical mission. Crysis Warhead will also come with Crysis Wars?, a tailor-made experience for multiplayer gamers, featuring three diverse match types and 21 maps.

Crysis Warhead and Crysis will be available for pre-purchase via Steam this weekend, and expected to be released in mid September. Both games are published by EA Partners. For more details, please visit Welcome to Steam and Crysis Warhead.

Odd. I just loaded up steam and Warhead is showing as $29.99 and Crysis is $49.99.

Different prices depending on where you live?

Comment

Ugh, figures... I've already ordered it through EA's crappy Download Manager.

Comment

Buy it !!!

I believe you folks will get it on the 12th we get it a few days later..

Comment

I just ordered on Steam and it was 29.99

Comment

steam ftw ftw ftw
            [img]http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/120/latinsigsj0.jpg[/img] [img]http://sigs.2142-stats.com/BenKenobi_player_7511.png[/img] [img]http://www.ronpaul2008.com/img/public_banners/hope-banner1.gif[/img] [url=http://www.cainslair.com/paypal2Cain.htm/]
            You will donate to Cain's. Now.[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by BlackArrow View Post
              As did I.
              Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
              Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
              I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
              Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

According to play.com it's released on the 19th here. I won't be ordering straight away as i can't afford it and it's only ?15. SUCKS!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackArrow View Post
                  Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
                  As did I.
                  Apache
                  same here.
                  Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

I will have to buy the discs, apparently that is the only way to get the Server Version, so I'll need to drive to Columbia and manually load the server....

Comment

That sucks Cain sorry to hear that u have to drive to the sever.

Comment

It sounds like they decided that server owners must prove their dedication.
                        Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                        Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                        I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Yah it is a huge PITA...

Glad this server is not in Dallas !!

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
                            Yah it is a huge PITA...

Glad this server is not in Dallas !!
                            Roger that!

Comment

I wonder if that limited install DRM is voided when you buy through steam? then I might consider buying it!

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X