S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Skies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Skies?

Hey, I'm just wondering if S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Skies is going to have a Cains Lair server. Personally, I believe that it should because of the way that multiplayer is setup, compared to CoD4, a game revolving around preference, the FIRST S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game had much more choice. Among the choices, is a ranking up system, that is, sadly, limited to being in one game that you can rank up. It was possible to choose between multiple different types of armor, many weapons, attachments, and medkits, geiger counters, and more. Also, the graphics requirements are the same as before, so lower end computers can play the game, and now the high end computers, and direct X10 computers can play this S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game, unlike the old one(which was still amazing). So, when it comes out, is there going to be a server(possibly)? or at least other people who will be playing it?

-Spudlust

I'll be playing it occasionally when I get it (it's out already i think).
    loved the first, but it had too many bugs. supposedly this one has just as much

Comment

I have just bought the First one from Steam and they is no bugs i have found in it yet as for the second one i'm going to buy it

Comment

Ill get it

-Recon

Comment

Here's a review I made for it - I'll be playing it soon.

Originally posted by {CLR} Naillik
          S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Clear Sky Review

S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Clear Sky has been on my watch and want list for a long time now, and I have to say I?m looking forward to getting it soon, though I haven?t been able to play it yet. In the mean time I?ll save you all the trouble of looking for the details on it. I?ve been doing quite a bit of looking around and here?s the general concensus:

Graphics:
          S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Clear Sky has an undeniable edge over almost every other game out there in terms of sheer brilliance. The Stalker game world has such amazing detail in everything from dogs to grass to skies to anomalies, combined with DX10 support and incredible lighting effects, it get?s a big 9.5/10

Check that out... it's nice, and you know it.

Presentation:
          In the sense of new content, it has loads of stuff: Zone guides for fast travel around current section of The Zone, a much improved PDA, much more factions that compete with eachother for supremacy over a sector (and you can join in on the wars and control a sector!), a huge boost in the job varieties, deeper mission & job satisfaction and depth, and the ability to customize guns like nuts (M4 SOPMOD anyone?)
          However it also has near enough the same amount of bugs as the original, which to a point many people will just give up as they can ruin almost everything.
          Gets a 5/10.

A classic S.T.A.L.K.E.R. scene, a derelict farmhouse in the Zone

Sound:
          Has amazingly realistic ambient noises, gunfire, and animal noises, but has terrible voice acting and a sadly inappropriate combat music, but the goods definitely out ? weigh the bad so I will give it a 8.5/10

Gameplay:
          Uses great fighting, sneaking, and exploration to help you kick some mutant and anarchist butt, though they use the same to get an advantage on you! As in, AI kicks in and enemy groups will work together using covering fire to flank you and will toss nades at you along with some serious butt whoopin if you don?t be careful. Storyline is apparantly great, but I don?t want to spoil it, suffice to say that you are knocked out by a huge anomaly and are taken in by scientists known as Clear Sky. Again, the offset of bugs and the amazingly easy faction fights, it gets a decent 7/10

Replayability:
          The game has amazing potential to be easily game of the year, but there are still many bugs which for most people would make it a chore to play again. Too bad they didn?t smooth it all out at release Gets a 4/10

Multiplayer:
          A good blend of CoD4, CS:S, and single player STALKER, it seems to be good, minus the fact that most servers are Russia based
          I give it a 6/10

OVERALL:
          Great game, Bad bugs = 6.8/10

Comment

Nail, I don't understand how you thought the game was buggy, I found almost no glitches in it, personally.

Comment

Originally posted by Wavobabies View Post
              Nail, I don't understand how you thought the game was buggy, I found almost no glitches in it, personally.
              Do you mean the original Stalker? If so, the patches fixed a ton of bugs, so unless you played Version 1.0 and the earliest patches, you didn't get a great hint of just how bad it was at the start.

-Rand
              [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
              Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

I did play it on 1.0 for a while, then I had to stop, because the game lagged too much on vista. And Nail, the game just came out today, and i don't have ANY idea where you possibly found info to write that guide, especially seing as you said you didn't have it. I'm hopefully getting it soon

Comment

Originally posted by Wavobabies View Post
                  I did play it on 1.0 for a while, then I had to stop, because the game lagged too much on vista. And Nail, the game just came out today, and i don't have ANY idea where you possibly found info to write that guide, especially seing as you said you didn't have it. I'm hopefully getting it soon
                  about 6 different review sites, lol

Comment

I have just bought the game and I'm sad to say it runs better on XP than Vista

Apart from that the game is quit a big improvement over the first one

My System Spec
                    Q6000 OC to 3.2 Duel Booting Vista 32 and Xp 32 bit, 2 8800gt cards 512 meg 2 Segate Bar drives 500g on each 2 gig of Cosair DD2 Xms 800mhz memory Asus 750I Motherboard.

Comment

this game amazing on how much detailing they put into the game. i remember when HL2 came out with all the nice graphics and physics. but this game. im just wow..

did ya see the demo and trailers they have on steam showing off the new environment and new texture detail? ya should if ya didnt.
                      Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                      Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                      widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X