Those Craig List Scams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those Craig List Scams

I saw the suggestion on Craig's list of only dealing locally and NOT to fall for those "fake" money order / check scams.

But, I don't see where the scam is. No way you can get scammed out of your money if you go to deposit your check/money order and WAIT for it to clear.....and if it's a fake...YOU do NOT send your product at all...it's fake, and to hell with the person who TRIED to scam ya.

Its amazing how many people fall for the scams going around... Ebay is plagued with them. When ever you receive an email about an item. ALWAYS open a new page and go there manually never do it from an email/link.

Comment

Tony it works via cashiers check. The bank takes the check which is forgery and deposits the money in your account. When the bank finds out about the forgery they deduct the amount from your account. As with most security exploits it's time sensitive. Yeah if you hold back on sending you item you could avoid this but, I don't know how long it's takes on average for banks to detect a forgery. You see the bank has no incentive to speed up this process because they don't lose any money. I wonder if theres a business idea is certifying cashiers checks?

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
      Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
        by Apache Warrior
        6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
      • Reply to 6 years
        by Sirex
        I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
        Just hit 2.5K miles...
        5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
      • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
        by Sirex
        Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
        5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
      • Reply to Hell Let Loose
        by Sirex
        Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
        5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
      • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
        by Sirex
        Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
        5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
      Working...
      X