Best FPS game you have played

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best FPS game you have played

My fav fps game has to be Old School DOD. I had some of the funnest times playing that game. Those Kar headshot where the bomb....Also the shovel and gun butt kills. Seems like that game had it all. For some reason I couldnt really get into source as much. Any of you guys remember the LOD server?

2 for me. UT99 and Tribes 2

Comment

DoD is my all time fav and if HS where the bomb to you... HAHAA FS = FooTShoT !!! And shovel kills. The old MoH games were great as well and Enemy-Territory.

Comment

So many candidates.....so hard to choose

Everything is relative, since your favorite may be the one you've had the most fun playing, yet the "best" you might not have had as much fun (over the long hall). So are unique, others are revolutionary, and still others are just off-beat and fun.

CS was great fun back in the day, and so vastly different than anything else on the market, that at that time I would have called it the best (before griefing idiots and cheaters came in and ruined it :P)

DOD was also a fabulous game, though I never gave it enough time that I think it deserved. I know a lot of people would consider it the best, and I'd generally be inclined to agree.

Though, in its heyday, I think Natural Selection was the closest to a "Best MP FPS" that I've played. It did have a rough ride and quite a few fluctuations in player count. But pound-for-pound, there was just so much style, skill, depth and atmosphere in that game - I've yet to experience anything like it since (TF2 is the closest oddly enough). I can remember countless pitched battles that lasted for literally hours, with small victories and changes in the battlefield becoming like mini rounds, all part of a larger whole. And even after several hours, the game never felt like it was getting boring, because the closer you got to winning, the fiercer the competition became.

Right now, I'd say TF2 is quickly becoming a favorite, though time will tell how it turns out (custom mapping scene, 32 player servers, etc.)

Comment

UT99 for twitch, BF2 for tactical.
          [url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/Thrashdragon][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/violet/Thrashdragon.png[/img][/url]
          [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/spikedz/TD_Latin.png[/img]

Comment

I had to think about this one before answering and finally decided on my choice. Outlaws. The game was put out some years ago by Lucas Arts and was Western themed FPS. You had range of characters from the sheriff to old Aunt. Spittin Jack Sanchez was the man. It was one of the first I remember geting heavily involved in with a big reasoning being the lack of aimbots, wall hacks, and the like. Everytime I think of something good, I think of the hacks and the return to outlaws. Sad to se nothing like it since.

Comment

Any game where I get to kill or be killed by friends

Comment

Medal of Honor Allied Assault.

Socom II. (Though it could also be considered a third person shooter )

Comment

Planetside is hands down the best game I've ever palyed. I spent more hours on planetside then any game ever. There was something about the sheer size of the game that just impressed me

Comment

Tribes and UT99.

Tribes had that flare of playing different classes, from snipers to engineers, and so on. UT99 for pure chaos.
                    [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
                    So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

I didnt really get into the FPS genre until about 2000, but my favorite has to be ut2k4 or BF2.
                      Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonFire
                        CS was great fun back in the day (before griefing idiots and cheaters came in and ruined it :P)
                        so true.

also DoD had to be one of my favorite games from all times.
                        Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

UT2K4 ONS all the way. Twitch and strategy all mixed into one.

Comment

TeamFortress

Comment

BF2 hands down. But more than that BF2 here at the Lair since the VOIP and teamwork made the gameplay the way it was designed to be.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X