Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steam Announces Release Date

It will be September 17th for the US

Sept 18th for the World-Wide availability.

Comment

These release dates are so confusing.

Wasn't the boxed version release date for the US the 16th?
      An ad in my local newspaper this morning said they would be getting it tomorrow (18th) at Noon?

If this is all true I am glad I got it on Steam because it is actually faster.
      "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a Communist."
      - Dom Helder Camara

Comment

Related so not offtopic:

Steam is actually starting to get exclusive release agreements as the makers of these games realize that profit models are stabilized via distribution by Steam.

Translation:

Makers of games get revenue from games bought via Steam more quickly than the in-store model.

This is my area of business btw Secure transfer, integration, and applications for multichannel sales and fulfillment.

Companies that are trying to do their own download service have poor ratings on service level agreements right now, so they are giving up and handing it back to Steam and others.

SO

You can have the game now, or you can hope it wont take you 3 stores to find one sitting behind the cash register with a sticky note on it that says "reserved"

Comment

I got an email from EA saying that the game is available for pre-load today, so I've started the download.

Crysis: Warhead and Crysis: Wars are two different downloads. Warhead is 7.2GB, Wars is 6.6GB, for a total of 13.8GB. Wow!

Comment

I thought people knew this came on 2 dvds. One dvd for each game as they're completely seperate. Therefore steam will be the same.

Comment

Originally posted by RobotBanana View Post
              I got an email from EA saying that the game is available for pre-load today, so I've started the download.

Crysis: Warhead and Crysis: Wars are two different downloads. Warhead is 7.2GB, Wars is 6.6GB, for a total of 13.8GB. Wow!

Now if you have Comcast, that means you subtract 13.8 from 250GB and thats a hit on your monthly data quota....LMAO

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                by Apache Warrior
                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
              • Reply to 6 years
                by Sirex
                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                by Sirex
                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                by Sirex
                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                by Sirex
                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
              Working...
              X