Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something is REALLY wrong (Blurry/Distorted/Fuzzy Graphics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something is REALLY wrong (Blurry/Distorted/Fuzzy Graphics)

I tried the graphics tweak, and with post processing on mute, and world and texture up to 5 everything is fuzzy and blurry, I'll upload a screeny for you

I grabbed the latest drivers that Nvidia was offering for my card (7 series) an it's the same thing that I have installed. So maybe try and old driver? Iunno, somethings badly messed up though

Something is very very wrong there. Looks like a SS with world and texture settings on 1. Are you sure you didn't accidently mess something up while doing the graphics tweak? Did you backup your utengine.ini before editing?

Comment

Originally posted by juneau
      Something is very very wrong there. Looks like a SS with world and texture settings on 1. Are you sure you didn't accidently mess something up while doing the graphics tweak? Did you backup your utengine.ini before editing?
      No but when I went into it, a lot of the things that should've been false that I needed to change to true were already true.

I'll reinstall it and see if that does anything

Comment

Yea, reinstall, and if that doesn't work, reinstall graphic drivers. Also, try turning everything down to 1, and then slowly working your way up, to see if you can see a difference.
        [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

what's your resolution at? Setting it higher helped mine a little.

Comment

Cold, I was able to duplicate this horrid look on my machine.

Check your Settings>Video>Advanced Tab, and see what your Screen Percentage setting is. A really low setting here for some reason causes things to be extremely blurry. Upping it fixes most of the problems. Upping the texture detail will fix much of the rest.

Don't forget to check out this thread for more tweaks and performance improvements (if you haven't already )

http://dark4se.com/cainslairforums/v...ic.php?t=23042

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonFire
              Cold, I was able to duplicate this horrid look on my machine.

Check your Settings>Video>Advanced Tab, and see what your Screen Percentage setting is. A really low setting here for some reason causes things to be extremely blurry. Upping it fixes most of the problems. Upping the texture detail will fix much of the rest.

Don't forget to check out this thread for more tweaks and performance improvements (if you haven't already )

http://dark4se.com/cainslairforums/v...ic.php?t=23042
              Thanks a ton Carbon, the Screen Percentage was what was ailing me after all.

So I thought it was only appropriate.

That's on Texture 3 world 3. But I seem to be getting crummy FPS. I might drop the textures down a little bit more and see what happens. But it seems people with equal or better hardware as me seem to be getting good constant FPS, strange

Comment

NP Cold, glad you're not playing in a fishbowl anymore

As for improving the FPS, really have a look at that link above. Turning off quality bloom, trilinear, depth of field and fog volumes can give a major boost in FPS. Plus if you turn off that quality bloom crap, you get rid of that nasty and overdone high-contrast lighting garbage that makes everything look like it's been soaked in purple dye

Comment

As for improving the FPS, really have a look at that link above. Turning off quality bloom, trilinear, depth of field and fog volumes can give a major boost in FPS. Plus if you turn off that quality bloom crap, you get rid of that nasty and overdone high-contrast lighting garbage that makes everything look like it's been soaked in purple dye
                  For some reason it's not getting rid of the horriable purple inkishness and my fps dont seem to be improving.

Also, whenever I quit the game and start it up again, I have to adjust all my settings again, does this happen for everyone?

Comment

The engine seems to reset some settings on its own when you modify the ini files.

The Bloom/Depth of Field filters can be best described with:

Also, why did they cripple the options menu so much? We are on PC and no lame xbox or ps3.
                    Please like Pocket Radio Player on Facebook to support this little Freeware app.

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Catalyst

For some reason it's not getting rid of the horriable purple inkishness and my fps dont seem to be improving.

Also, whenever I quit the game and start it up again, I have to adjust all my settings again, does this happen for everyone?
                      are you logged into the master server? it's been suggested that if you aren't your settings don't stick.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                      Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                        by Apache Warrior
                        6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                      • Reply to 6 years
                        by Sirex
                        I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                        Just hit 2.5K miles...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                      • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                        by Sirex
                        Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                      • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                        by Sirex
                        Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                      • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                        by Sirex
                        Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                      Working...
                      X