Competitive Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Competitive Group

Guys I know that Epic was a little disappointed at how much the competitive players disliked UT2003/2004 and they are working hard to make this new game attractive to them.

That having been said our old UT3 Server spawned a couple of competitive Clans, that did very well competitively.

I will be happy to provide a home for any folks here who wish to have CLRs compete as a competitive group.

I can make sub-Forums for those folks, like we did with our recent 2142 Competitive Team.

I need someone tho to take the lead on this, and let me warn you whoever decides to lead this group needs to be prepared for a serious time commitment (just ask BlackArrow who ran the 2142 Team).....

Let's chat...

-- Cain

<tumbleweeds, a dog barks in the distance..>

Comment

I'd be up for this but i wouldn't mind letting people go past me as i'm far from my best at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau
        I'd be up for this but i wouldn't mind letting people go past me as i'm far from my best at the moment.
        + 1

Comment

I must say being part of the team for 2142 was by the far best experience i've had!

I'll stay out for now as my machine is up to the game, but i get low frames, might be the player count i dont know

but anyway

to the idea, and i'll help in any other way I can if you need stuff

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
          ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Comment

I would, but i'm busy working on something else for the UT3 community here at the lair.
            [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR}seikoAF
              I would, but i'm busy working on something else for the UT3 community here at the lair.
              Like what ??? PM me ...

Comment

i would be available...to pwn everyone
                This game is so much fun and considering I haven't played UT since the first 1 came out I think i got my groove on again lol
                [IMG]http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss69/chris2118/battlefield_3copy.jpg[/IMG]
                X...Noob Slasher...X

Comment

I got hung up on "time commitment."

I'd have to think long and hard about participating in something like this. I'm in it more for the fun and the folks here than anything else, and I don't want to descend into clan morass. On the other hand, Mr. Goliath and I make a nice team. If anything, I'm on a "wait and see" mode right now, Boss.

-Rand
                  [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                  Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

1) I meant that time commitment, for the person who leads this thing....

2) You think I'd let this group dissolve into Clan BS ?? Not gonna happen my friend...

Comment

Clan community is for the most part moaning about this game at the moment. I am sure it will settle sooner or later and once the full game comes out, ladders will spring up. Might want to wait a bit and see what develops, especially in the Warfare department. Clanners are not optimistic of its competitive value right now, however, most of that attitude is based on extremely incomplete info and supposition. I fear there will be a significant amount of balance issues identified be they real or not that may stall initial progress. CAL will be the clincher I think. If they pick it up, it has a chance. If its only TWL, there could be .... issues.

Comment

I have time availability problems, as to also why I couldn't participate in the 2142 team. 2 jobs, and my hours are opposite of most "Normal" people's play times and work times.

I'll help how I can though boss.
                        ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Originally posted by Slug{CLR}
                          Clan community is for the most part moaning about this game at the moment. I am sure it will settle sooner or later and once the full game comes out, ladders will spring up. Might want to wait a bit and see what develops, especially in the Warfare department. Clanners are not optimistic of its competitive value right now, however, most of that attitude is based on extremely incomplete info and supposition. I fear there will be a significant amount of balance issues identified be they real or not that may stall initial progress. CAL will be the clincher I think. If they pick it up, it has a chance. If its only TWL, there could be .... issues.
                          Great feedback Slugmeister... Please keep an eye on this for me, and keep me posted.

Comment

The AGC Tournament for 2142 was a NIGHTMARE!!!

But it's worth it in the end as long as the $$$$ comes in

I might be willing to take part in another tournament maybe.

Comment

Gotta see how Warfare plays out. I was very active in the Cains-Titan matches and also helped represent Cains with some others in open the ons tourney where the clanners were dubious of our skills until many of us whooped it up. If Warfare pans out, I'd be game to participate. I love showing youngsters that us old farts can play.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X