Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CPU and GPU tests at anandtech

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3127

Very good report there. Just the thing i needed to make my mind up about my next PC upgrades.

Comment

Yeah, my Pc is good to go except in the GPU department...

My trusty 6800XT isn't keeping up hehe....

I am hoping to go with an 8800GTS 640mb... I know those charts dont show a difference but I also play Microsoft Flight sim X and need the video memory the 640 has to offer....
      [IMG]http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r43/ryanbatc/radarsig1-1.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

I was just about to post this.....beat me to it :P

Seems like Dual-Core really is "all that" when trying to play UT3. I can hear the vague rumbling of thousands of mice off in the distance, all clicking on links directed towards a site called Newegg.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonFire
          I was just about to post this.....beat me to it :P

Seems like Dual-Core really is "all that" when trying to play UT3. I can hear the vague rumbling of thousands of mice off in the distance, all clicking on links directed towards a site called Newegg.
          LMAO

i was suprised how much a difference more CPU cache made

Comment

Originally posted by drunken_chef
            LMAO

I was suprised how much a difference more CPU cache made
            Yeah me too. I can't remember any game in recent memory where extra CPU cache makes this big of an impact.

Also notice that bus speed makes a pretty substantial impact as well. Those new C2D/Q chips are probably just devouring this game (my "old" e6300 ain't no slouch either ). Puts even more importance not only amount of ram, but now the speed as well.

I have a feeling UT3 will be a staple of the benchmark sites for years to come.

Comment

i too have an e6300, overclocked to 2.8 gig. i got the FSB covered

Comment

WOW.. It really trashes the AMD products..

I'm set for a couple of years with my e6850..
                A few tweaks maybe is all i need for that, and my 8800 GTX.

newbie on the tweaky department.
                ??Click me to donate??

Comment

good ole' anand. been waiting for them to put that out, thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Bah, I just bought an E6700 like 4 months ago and it's apparently already so outdated they're not using it. :P I guess the closest comp here is probably the 6550? Maybe even the 6750?

Either way, I'm probably good to go. I know I'm playing in-game quite well, and that's all that counts.

-Rand
                    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

I have the Core2Duo E6750 and it great better that the AMD 6000 cpu.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                      Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                      widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X