Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying out a new look for the Key Guides

Figured I should try updating the old UT2K4 look w/ something new:

Hey thanks, that's perfect for n00bs like me!!
    [IMG]http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r43/ryanbatc/radarsig1-1.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

looks good

do you mind me posting that on another forum? off course i would give you credit.

Comment

Originally posted by drunken_chef

do you mind me posting that on another forum?
        There are other forums?

Comment

Originally posted by drunken_chef
          looks good

do you mind me posting that on another forum? off course i would give you credit.
          actually i'm going to retract that request. we all know how fragmented the UT community can be. no need to stir people up.

Comment

Love it !!

Can you make it larger ??

768x1024 at least ???

Comment

I think the vehicles are fairly hard to see. They may need a more artificial tint to them so they pop a bit more.

-Rand
              [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
              Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR}
                I think the vehicles are fairly hard to see. They may need a more artificial tint to them so they pop a bit more.

-Rand
                Good point, actually all the icons are tough to see, and bigger would definitely be better ...

Comment

Originally posted by Cain
                  Love it !!

Can you make it larger ??

768x1024 at least ???

The original map image is 1600x1200 but I usually scale it to approx 55-60% due to hosting size restrictions. I will try it out around the 1280x1024 mark or something close to that since it should provide enough room.

-Rand
                  The icons are displayed at the smallest ratio but if I make the map bigger then those can be larger too. I will work on finding a better "outer glow" color to use in making the icons stand out more.

Thx for the feedback.

Comment

Sounds great.

What Rand is saying is the colors of the icons are so muted it nakes them tough to see .. ..

Comment

Originally posted by Cain
                      Sounds great.

What Rand is saying is the colors of the icons are so muted it nakes them tough to see .. ..
                      Right. It's not the size so much as a color, or maybe just a strong colored outline so the type of vehicle (and the fact that it's even a vehicle at all) jump out a bit more.

And Kurlon, I'm neglectful in my post from mentioning that once again you astonish me with your key guide talent. I had a LONG day at work yesterday and was sort of rushing around after a night meeting, so I forgot to include that part in my post. I didn't mean it to read as a harsh comment or anything, so I hope it wasn't taken that way. Great job as always.

-Rand
                      [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                      Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Right. It's not the size so much as a color, or maybe just a strong colored outline so the type of vehicle (and the fact that it's even a vehicle at all) jump out a bit more.
                        I'll see what kind of color or effect will work as there's plenty of options to tinker with in Photochop.

...I didn't mean it to read as a harsh comment or anything, so I hope it wasn't taken that way. Great job as always.
                        No Prob...didn't see it as harsh at all but as extremely valuable feedback before I really get stuck in with all the Warfare maps.

Comment

Great job... Mega Ditto's.

All these posts on Manta this, scorpion that, yada yada...
                          Most people don't KNOW which vehicle is what.
                          I know i certainly didn't..

Idiot proof map. Old eyes can see the different vehicles, but they are somewhat blended in with the background. Not enough to make it impossible to see the shapes though, just harder. I'm certainly not going to look a gift horse in the mouth. lol

NOW, you are going to have your hands full with the warfare map.
                          ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Ok got the new version uploaded w/ the following changes:

*larger map size (768x1024)
                            *larger icons (trimmed some of the extras like multiple ammo boxes or health vials to make room for the bigger size)
                            *increased outer glow (should have easier time finding all the icons)

Comment

Great Job.
                              ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X