Admins and Rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Admins and Rules

I noticed that one of the CLR moderators asked people to stop spawn killing. Is that a rule now, cause if so I'll stop! Guess they just didn't notice that every one of the these rules, No Profanity, Treat others with Respect. Show good Sportsmanship, and No racial, ethnic, or sexual harassment tolerated, were being broken consistently in that same match, and well, all the others I've played! Is the N word really that cool to use over and over?

I assume that these rules apply to the UT3 beta demo that we just have to wait for the retail version for it to be worth packing in enough admins to maintain it!

Comments?

I think you have it right Daric as in "all of the above". Spawn killing is a cheesy action on a pub server especially in the current only available mode, VCTF where one does not have any options on where they will spawn (at least as far as I know). Best to stay away from that, and all the other stuff you mentioned.

Comment

I think it also helps to look at the intent of the devs. On one section of the map, you have a spawn area where no vehicles or nukes can enter, and on another you can freely camp with the manta or other devastating weapon. I'd harbor a guess that the one that is protected is the intended functionality, and not the one that allows spawn raping (otherwise why would they bother protecting either of them?)

In warfare mode, I'd venture a guess that it will be entirely different, as spawns will be directly related to controlling objectives. As Slug mentioned, you'll be able to choose your spawn in that case, so spawn suppression becomes a valid tactic. With the ability to control where you spawn, you regain control and the ability to react to a camping opponent. In CTF, all you can do is hope you spawn on the other side, and that people aren't camping that as well (and there are multiple exits on the left spawn area)....or just die repeatedly.

As for everyone else, I can assure you that they will be dealt with in time. I'm sure the retail release will have full policing, as every other Cain's Lair server has had before it.

But ultimately its about your actions and not everyone else's. Again as Slug stated, its a rather cheesy action in CTF, and while not a directly-bannable offense, shows poor sportsmanship given the nature of the battlefield and gamemode. Thanks for bringing this to light though!

See you on the battlefield!

Comment

yeah a few ppl having been dominating lately... the spawn.
        its sad really, when you wake up to have a vehicle in your face and all you can do is go . Theres alot of exploits happening *cough* Tank in flag room*cough*, but sadly this is still in beta, and is a sad fact that UT CTF its in nature is automatically broken.

Well at least the good part is that someone has addressed the issue. Cya in the server...

Comment

Tank in the flag room, or even the hellbender or scorpion is a bad one. I did notice you can shoot through the fence on the wall near where the tank parks. Shoot him in the butt with a deemer!!

As for everyone else, I can assure you that they will be dealt with in time. I'm sure the retail release will have full policing, as every other Cain's Lair server has had before it.

But ultimately its about your actions and not everyone else's. Again as Slug stated, its a rather cheesy action in CTF, and while not a directly-bannable offense, shows poor sportsmanship given the nature of the battlefield and gamemode. Thanks for bringing this to light though!
          +100 very well put

MD

Comment

I can Guarantee that when the full retail version comes out, we will already know most of what is or isn't possible normally in the game, or desireable when it goes LIVE. Admin's and officers are playing Every Day, having fun, learning the nuances and game dynamics. When it gets rock bottom serious later, we will then have to put on our full Admin hats and get to work. lol

We hope our presence on the servers now will cool off some of this undesireable behavior, but this IS the Beta.

My suggestion is to play like a CLR. Have fun, kill your friends, don't be an asshat in play or in chat, and try to ignore stuff that sticks in your craw.

Adolescent nasty messages in chat just makes the sender look retarded to me. Their vocabulary is limited, so they throw out the few words that they can remember.
            ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Re: Admins and Rules

Originally posted by Daric
              I noticed that one of the CLR moderators asked people to stop spawn killing. Is that a rule now, cause if so I'll stop! Guess they just didn't notice that every one of the these rules, No Profanity, Treat others with Respect. Show good Sportsmanship, and No racial, ethnic, or sexual harassment tolerated, were being broken consistently in that same match, and well, all the others I've played! Is the N word really that cool to use over and over?

I assume that these rules apply to the UT3 beta demo that we just have to wait for the retail version for it to be worth packing in enough admins to maintain it!

Comments?
              Tell me who asked you to stop spawn killing ??? No, that is not a rule at all.

Comment

I spawn-killed to high heaven on Cains in UT2K4, never had a problem. Hell, some maps almost required it if you ever wanted to win. When your Core is in the middle of your spawn area... and instant respawns in UT...

VCTF, I could see its' uses as well. Do you no longer get the ~3 sec immunity when spawning?

Comment

Originally posted by LAMONT
                  Do you no longer get the ~3 sec immunity when spawning?
                  You do get a couple seconds spawn protection time. Plus, you can actually kill with the enforcer at times.
                  --Slaughter

Comment

Last night N word and some other insults were really the topic of conversation all over the chat
                    I told them to stop... and you can figure it out their response :P

Comment

In 2k4 there was no rule on spawn-killing. Do you remember when Ons-Urban first came out? Folks in leviathans camping enemy cores blasting everyone to high heaven as they spawned? No spawn-killing didn't become a rule, the server was adjusted to longer spawn protection and someone quickly came up with the version Ons-UrbanNoLevi to deal with it.

Frankly, if your team is dumb enough to let the tank come unhindered all the way across a map and spawn kill your base, you deserve it. War is all about tactics....your job is to figure out how to stop things like that.

Comment

Well what would camping be with out a good song and a camp fire

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhskq...elated&search=

Comment

Charge up your alt fire on your Impact hammer and blast those pesky manta spawn campers in the nose. It knocks them back and does a lot of damage. Finish them off with the stinger or flak. I'm not a spawncamper but I don't mind them, I just try to beat the crap out of them.

Comment

Think you're getting spawncamped now?

Wait till you get a levi sitting in your base spamming the crap out of you.
                            * Tuqui-tuqui hugs bliss
                            <Tuqui> hmm .... nice and soft
                            <bliss> ...
                            * bliss` takes off his bunny suit

Comment

Originally posted by eminent
                              Theres alot of exploits happening *cough* Tank in flag room*cough*, but sadly this is still in beta, and is a sad fact that UT CTF its in nature is automatically broken.
                              A team I was on a couple of nights ago had our tank and Scorpion in the flag room with the bender sending shock balls through the center, the opposing team was still able to beat us in flag caps
                              Old school or the new, doesn't mean a thing if your heart's not true...

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X