i want to know and i play more than one game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i want to know and i play more than one game

my understanding was, use of macros were considered cheating. if you care to comment fine. but, admins, i think you know what im talking about. PM me if you would =)

thx guys

Depends on the situation, a definitive yes or no is not a fair answer

Comment

You know my statement.

What's the difference between having an aimbot and a macro? You throw down an RDX, and EA's counter for RDX hopping isn't in effect for a macro, getting a garunteed kill. An aimbot, well, Punkbuster can spot this and ban for it. You get a garunteed kill. What's the difference between a garunteed kill and a garunteed kill?

Comment

Aren't macros just binding a command to a certain key or combination of keys?

In Shooter games, I find macros mostly useless. I've heard of some people in TF2 binding the medic gun to a different key so your hands don't get tired, but that's about all I'd use it for. Besides that, why would you want a button that makes you...what, I dunno, crouch and shoot?

Now, in RPGs, macros can be a little more useful, and I probably wouldn't consider them cheating. When Kenshin and I were looking into playing Final Fantasy XI (before we went to college and lost our meager amount of money ) we found out that players use macros out the wazoo. Just simple things, like pressing the "J" button to make your character say, "Huddle around for Cure3!" while also placing Cure3 upon yourself. So, it can save time, especially in a game where teamwork is stressed, but VOIP isn't present.

I sincerely hope I'm talking on the subject of what I think are macros here. Won't I feel silly when macros are something completely different!

Comment

you're correct tails.
          [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by thedeadlyassassin
            You know my statement.

What's the difference between having an aimbot and a macro? You throw down an RDX, and EA's counter for RDX hopping isn't in effect for a macro, getting a garunteed kill. An aimbot, well, Punkbuster can spot this and ban for it. You get a garunteed kill. What's the difference between a garunteed kill and a garunteed kill?
            +1 AMEN

We work in the dark, to serve the light. We are Assassins.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Comment

Please enlighten us non 2142 folk on what this RDX hopping is and why people whine about it so much.

Comment

Its bunny hopping, but you place C4 really fast (basically throwing it at them) then jumping up and down, within the blast radius, and setting it off.

EA tries to counter it by making the detonator switch back to another C4, but macros prevent that.

C4 = RDX in 2135 years.

Comment

One of the more intriguingly uses of macros was in CS. AWPers found that it was faster to start a reload on the awp and then at a ceratin point switch to a pistol and then switch back to the awp and it would be loaded. It shaved a second of the reload time and was easily done via a macro. The problem doing it manually was if you did the switch to soon you'd abort the awp reload

I'm not condoning one way or the other but, thats kinda smart on the person who figured it out.

Comment

My son used to use that all the time. It got so that he could not not do it. Of course they removed it in CSS.
                    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                    Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                      by Apache Warrior
                      6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                    • Reply to 6 years
                      by Sirex
                      I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                      Just hit 2.5K miles...
                      5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                    • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                      by Sirex
                      Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                      5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                    • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                      by Sirex
                      Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                      5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                    • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                      by Sirex
                      Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                      5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                    Working...
                    X