UT3... not for me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3... not for me...

Well guys you can't say I didn't give it a try...
    This thing is just not for me, it's... too unreal doesn't make any sense or I need to apply any kind of tactics other than run and jump like crazy :P it reminds me the C4-bunny hoppers...
    So I think I'll just keep playing BF2 and PR the only problem is that I never find any CLR's around.
    I know some of you may tell me that I need to move on and stuff but I'll try it and is not worth it IMO.
    So see you around on the general forum area... because even the spyders don't dare to go that low on the forums to get to the BF2 section

Take care guys and have fun

*edit* forgot to tell you that I don't even mind to try TF2... seems like the same thing to me

Re: UT3... not for me...

Originally posted by rafles
    Well guys you can't say I didn't give it a try...
    This thing is just not for me, it's... too unreal doesn't make any sense or I need to apply any kind of tactics other than run and jump like crazy :P it reminds me the C4-bunny hoppers...
    So I think I'll just keep playing BF2 and PR the only problem is that I never find any CLR's around.
    I know some of you may tell me that I need to move on and stuff but I'll try it and is not worth it IMO.
    So see you around on the general forum area... because even the spyders don't dare to go that low on the forums to get to the BF2 section

Take care guys and have fun

*edit* forgot to tell you that I don't even mind to try TF2... seems like the same thing to me
    Well, that is too bad rafles, but honestly, UT isn't for everyone.

There was a time when UT/Quake gameplay was just about the only game in town, so most people who were gamers back in the day pretty much all played these games. With so many more choices now, there are plenty of games to cater to everyone. This type of game still appeals to plenty of people, but since there are so many other games, not everyone has to play this game if they want to play a MP game online like they used to.

You will be missed, we had a lot of fun playing with you in the BF series, but its understandable. As for TF2, while its a bit frenetic like UT, its a LOT slower in general, and quite a bit more tactical and balanced. It still may not be up your alley, but its different enough from UT that you might not want to just right it off without trying it. (HINT: Wait for Valve to run a Try-it-Free week/weekend)

Hope you stick around, and if Cain ever throws up a new BF server, we expect you to report for duty

Comment

Wait until Warfare hits, hopefully with the true demo. ONS was fantastic for strategy as well as action. It's not all twitch action--you have to decide how to approach the objectives and work together to get things done.

-Rand
      [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
      Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR}
        Wait until Warfare hits, hopefully with the true demo. ONS was fantastic for strategy as well as action. It's not all twitch action--you have to decide how to approach the objectives and work together to get things done.

-Rand
        +1
        [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
        Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

The DeathMatch and even Capture the Flag versions of UT are very much run and gun. While there are some strategies, they are more along the lines of rocket jumps and shock combos.

When Warfare hits, you will have a bunch of vehicles and node capture/hold in play. While the game still plays very fast, even with vehicles, there are more strategies involved.

In terms of TF2, there seems to be more strategy involved in combining the right classes and skills. So there is more strategy in terms of which classes play with which and are used in certain situations.

But hey, not every game is for everyone. You did the right thing and gave it a shot. I did the same with 2142. Played it, didn't like it, stuck around the forums until the new crop of games came out.
          [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
          So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Thanks what i'm palnning to do, hang arrown until something good pops

And ofcourse if a new BF server is up i'll be there

Oh! and if you ever need an easy target for practice, i'm available

Comment

Well Heck...
              UT3 wasn't much fun for me on my old system either.
              MUCH better on my new computer, and now that i'm not total cannon fodder, I can actually get a cheap thrill with the kills.
              I'm STILL hoping that the WAR matches will be more to my liking when the full retail comes out.

I am loading 2142, NS, BF2, PR, and Pirates on new computer.
              A bit slow going there.

Wherever CLR's are, that's where I tend to gravitate.
              Catch me on Xfire. deadandgone2

I'll play ANYTHING with a bud.
              ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Me, I'm still complete canon fodder with my system. I've logged several hours and am still torn as to whether I love or hate this game.
                Positive:
                - Instant re-spawn after my frequent deaths.
                - Lots of action

Negative:
                - Instant death, often without warning and no sign of how it happened. (no notification of how it happened so I might adjust the next time around, either.)
                - The spawn camping. With some frustration, I took it as an interesting challenge in BF2 to exact revenge on spawn campers. But when skilled players constantly drop you from behind/side/front so you can't even get out of the spawn building as you're learning the game (and even after you've learned some ropes), I have to use a phrase I don't like. It's "Teh gay!"

Then being cocky about it and the frequent in-game crowing about one's mad skills, I could see it getting very old, very quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Storm_Shadow
                  Then being cocky about it and the frequent in-game crowing about one's mad skills, I could see it getting very old, very quickly.

Hang in there Storm it will get better, that won't happen once things get into full swing. Not as often any way. You will eventually die less frequently too. I know we have similar systems, I'm actually getting pretty decent performance all things considered. Definitely do some of those ini tweaks, it helped me immensely.
                  Old school or the new, doesn't mean a thing if your heart's not true...

Comment

Originally posted by Storm_Shadow
                    Negative:
                    - Instant death, often without warning and no sign of how it happened. (no notification of how it happened so I might adjust the next time around, either.)
                    Storm, take a look around this forum a bit. Someone posted how you can edit one of the .ini files to have the death messages show up like in ONS. It's extremely useful.

-Rand
                    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR}
                      Storm, take a look around this forum a bit. Someone posted how you can edit one of the .ini files to have the death messages show up like in ONS. It's extremely useful.
                      Oh, I remember reading about that. (now that you mention it) I just generally don't do a lot of ini tweaking, though I DID get smoother performance with some of the suggestions so far. (On my system, some of 'em help, & some of em...)

Not going to give up on it yet, no worries. Who would you have to pancake then?

Comment

Tried it, didn't like it. Back to BF2 and 2142 for me...
                        We work in the dark, to serve the light. We are Assassins.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Comment

That's too bad because the current gameplay and extremely limited map selection is not indicative of what I believe this game will be. If you don't like it now, I would suggest giving it another try once the real demo comes out which will hopefully have Warfare in it. Bigger maps, more vehicles, generally more room to get accustomed to it.

Comment

I for one love this game it fast and its a chnage from BF2142 and BF2 so it get's my

Comment

One of the first things I did to configure UT3 was to turn off the auto taunts, not that anybody would ever hear any from me.

New players wouldn't know about disabling auto taunts. And some experienced players enjoy taunting, but usually only to harass their friends (too much effort otherwise).

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X