Team Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Team Work

I dont know about the rest of you, but when you actually play 2142 for the way it was SUPPOSED to be, it makes for a real exciting time. Take this for instance:

Whenever I see Maj. Massacre in the Neko, I usually hop in and off we go. When you are by yourself, sure you can do alright. But when you have sombody watching your 6, and calling out the sights(where tanks/gunners are) it makes a whole different game. Then factor in the MG position and your duties to repair the tank at NO COST..even if it costs you your life.

My point is, sure solo is fun, but teaming up with another and playing the game the way it was meant, ie, teamwork, is awesome. Im still in love w/this game and will be playing for a long time.

And for Massacre...Fing good time the other night M8 I love it when we team up in the Neko and the Fighting Tigers pounce on everyone. ITS TANK HUNTING SEASON

Team work is awesome, but I rarely see it in so many servers. It's sad, because many times the whole team loses the game because:

1) No one is listening to the commander
    2) No one is listening to the squad leader
    3) No one is communicating what needs to be done etc.

The very few times I have seen this going on, the game was definitely funner.

Comment

I agree completely with you Clear Black. I try to follow Massacre's model, When I tank, I form a squad and lead on. when others join, usually one will gun for me but often alot of players dont know their role there. When Gen snake or others gun for me, they know their job and often thats when i get my 50-65 kill rounds and pretty much everyone on the ground live in fear of seeing the Neko round the corner of the silo.
      Too often though i end up being on my own with a few squadmates who dont do their job in the gunner seat, dont follow the squad orders etc and it sucks for everyone.
      So hey, if you want advice join up the squad follow the orders and if you need help feel free to ask

Comment

No doubt that this game should be team based, but no one ever does what they should
        We work in the dark, to serve the light. We are Assassins.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Comment

Originally posted by Zolutar
          I agree completely with you Clear Black. I try to follow Massacre's model, When I tank, I form a squad and lead on. when others join, usually one will gun for me but often alot of players dont know their role there. When Gen snake or others gun for me, they know their job and often thats when i get my 50-65 kill rounds and pretty much everyone on the ground live in fear of seeing the Neko round the corner of the silo.
          Too often though i end up being on my own with a few squadmates who dont do their job in the gunner seat, dont follow the squad orders etc and it sucks for everyone.
          So hey, if you want advice join up the squad follow the orders and if you need help feel free to ask
          :cough:

Comment

I'm starting to feel like jumping onto 2142 again because of this thread, but I doubt any fun will be at hands because, even though some CLR's play, a lot of people jump into the CLR squads to do nothing as a team

Comment

Originally posted by drunken_chef
              :cough:
              eh? I have my off nights

Comment

Re: Team Work

Originally posted by Clear Black
                I dont know about the rest of you, but when you actually play 2142 for the way it was SUPPOSED to be, it makes for a real exciting time. Take this for instance:

Whenever I see Maj. Massacre in the Neko, I usually hop in and off we go. When you are by yourself, sure you can do alright. But when you have sombody watching your 6, and calling out the sights(where tanks/gunners are) it makes a whole different game. Then factor in the MG position and your duties to repair the tank at NO COST..even if it costs you your life.

My point is, sure solo is fun, but teaming up with another and playing the game the way it was meant, ie, teamwork, is awesome. Im still in love w/this game and will be playing for a long time.

And for Massacre...Fing good time the other night M8 I love it when we team up in the Neko and the Fighting Tigers pounce on everyone. ITS TANK HUNTING SEASON
                I had a good time too mate. Its a shame the server crashed, that enemy neko was about to get his ass handed to him. Teamwork is key.
                [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i61/2HARDKOR/maj_massacre.jpg[/img]

Comment

problem is, most of the time the commander is an idiot.
                  To any commanders reading this, dont give orders to a squad of armor guys that tell them to defend the titan. It is just stupid, put your worst squad on the titan where they can just toss grenades around corners all day.
                  Oh, and dont bum rush the enemy titan. Hold the silos and let the enemy turn our titan halls into a dog food factory of their bodies.

Comment

Re: Team Work

Originally posted by {CLR} Major.Massacre
                    I had a good time too mate. Its a shame the server crashed, that enemy neko was about to get his ass handed to him. Teamwork is key.

That guy was about to wake up from his dream shooting our Titan! I was so ooooooo Pissed when it crashed. He was gonna get:

Comment

i agree, nothing like a good gunner in my gunship and blowin up my CLR friends =P

Comment

I have had some good teams lately.. hmmm...

I'll have to buy and audigy board or something, since my mic is WAY too low on new computer... oh well.. fun times anyway...

Yeah.. getting a good gunner when your tanking, or good gunner/pilot in the gunship is a tough row to hoe sometimes.

Playing solo is like playing off-line. I see no benefit from it personally.
                        MUCH rather get with some CLR's and own the countryside..

Even when I've made the group, and in armor, I'll try to drop a beacon in the hills somewhere good. It's tough for non armor people to get where they need to attack with nothing but feet, and silo's still not taken. Just something I try to do when i think about it.
                        ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Server is FULL.. Drat.. crud.. Frazzer raggin
                          ??Click me to donate??

Comment

I hardly EVER get a good gunner when I'm in the gunship OWNING EVERYONE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dead_And_Gone
                              Server is FULL.. Drat.. crud.. Frazzer raggin
                              Atleast the computer you use to play BF isnt broken. All this reading about Zolutar and Massacre tanking is bringing back memories. I always think of that song "Let the bodies hit the floor", I dont think that is its name, but you guys know what I am talking about.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X