Beta on Tuesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beta on Tuesday

Well to keep in the spirit of things, I?ve just gone ahead and created a video for you all . Enjoy!

Code: Select all
    BombayTV ::: Subtitle movie ! ::: by Grapheine.com

What does the PC BETA include?

3 Maps: Castle, Makin, and Roundhouse (yes, map hole fixed). All gametypes will be available, and your level cap will be set to 40.

And of course, in case you missed the memo, there will be a fleet of Day-1 servers provided by GameServers.com to ensure you find a lag-free server right out of the gate.

I see players in servers!!!
    That's us testing. We've been testing all the day-1 servers, and preparing this thing for the launch. If you saw anybody in servers over the past few days, or tonight, that's us =). The good news is, all systems are go, and I can't wait to tear it up with you guys tomorrow!!!

How will this all go down?

The minute the BETA launches, an e-mail will be sent out to every registered user on CallOfDuty.com, informing them of the launch. You will simply need to go to your Account / Profile tab of your account and your code will be right there (not just yet, when the thing goes live). You?ll also see a nice big announcement here, and some PC BETA forums will be created.

The Account / Profile page will also have a mirror listing of all known mirrors where you can download the file. The file you download will require a key upon installation, which is where you?ll enter the code you find in your profile.

But my FilePlanet download has started, what does this mean?

Nothing. It means that if you are a paid subscriber, they are allowing you to pre-load the file (it's rather large). You will not be able to play without a key, and probably won't even be able to install it until they unlock the file. So please don't get your hopes up thinking you'll be playing tonight, because you wont .

Stay tuned!

Regards,
    -JD

Hey MrDeath, I love you Can't wait to knife you then

Comment

game installer is only 845.96mb
      prolly unpacked is like.. 2gig +?

well im dln now :]
      See ya soon!

Comment

Aw you beat me to post this info. I read that too on the offical website forums.

Anyway, I have mine I choose to download now at fileplanet (took me 9 mins to download) since when the beta begins, im sure the offical website will be hammered for a while. (thats if they will provide the download from the offical site.)

Comment

Downloading from FilePlanet.
          Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
          Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
          I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
          Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Oh can't wait for some Call of Duty Dogs at War action.
            [url=http://profile.xfire.com/guile787][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/1/guile787.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Downloading now

Comment

why in the world did they put the beta so close to the release? thats weird.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
                  why in the world did they put the beta so close to the release? thats weird.
                  I was thinking the same thing. And you know the last game to do that? Enemy Territory Quake Wars. And they didn't change anything of note, despite people being very unhappy with the Beta.

I can easily see the same thing happening here. They simply won't have time to make changes if they hold to ship date, because they've pretty much have to be working on prints from the Gold version now to meet ship anyway.

-Rand
                  [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                  Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

The answer is simple:

Capture more copies at release by feeding the public with the beta.
                    So it really isnt a beta.
                    Its a trial.

You wont see me in this game until at least January.

Comment

Guys, wth is wrong with Fileplanet? It says Pre Load for subscribers only? Is there any other source for the download... I wanna download, because Caddy is going DOWN!.
                      Last edited by Hammy; 28 Oct 2008, 04:35 PM. Reason: profanity

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post
                        I was thinking the same thing. And you know the last game to do that? Enemy Territory Quake Wars. And they didn't change anything of note, despite people being very unhappy with the Beta.

I can easily see the same thing happening here. They simply won't have time to make changes if they hold to ship date, because they've pretty much have to be working on prints from the Gold version now to meet ship anyway.

-Rand
                        Its been said on the on the forums of the offical website that any issues with the beta 360 will be also be fix on the other systems and PC. And other issues will be fix in the first patch.

A person asked a similar question about why we (PC users) have to wait so long and why no PS3 beta. Someone else said perhaps it was Microsoft fronting money to be exclusive. How much is this true I don't know since JD didn't respond to that but it not the first time Microsoft did this for their gaming system.
                        Last edited by Caddys83; 28 Oct 2008, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Woot!!! Fileplanet has just unlocked the file!

Now im just waiting for my Key.

Comment

Originally posted by Caddys83 View Post
                            Woot!!! Fileplanet has just unlocked the file!

Now im just waiting for my Key.
                            Caddys, I'm gonna slap you, where do I download from?

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
                              Caddys, I'm gonna slap you, where do I download from?
                              Have you tried these???

http://www.fileplanet.com/193782/download/

you may have to register first (free) first and wait in-line

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X