Fire Storm 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fire Storm 2007

So far, where I am, I do not have to evacuate since I am in Carlsbad, CA, but a lot of people I know, firends and relatives are getting out. Just heard that the evacuations are about 10 miles south of us. Wish us Luck!
    We work in the dark, to serve the light. We are Assassins.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

I've been reading up on this a lot. Pretty scary, and I don't even live anywhere near California.

Stay safe, Kyler. Hopefully the fire fighters can get the flames under control before it spreads anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Tails_Kitsune
      I've been reading up on this a lot. Pretty scary, and I don't even live anywhere near California.

Stay safe, Kyler. Hopefully the fire fighters can get the flames under control before it spreads anymore.
      You did live close to the Southern Georgia fires, I saw smoke in Atlanta, 150 to 200 miles from the fires.

Stay safe Kyler

Comment

I posted pics fom the SG fires. I was less than 30 miles from some of them.
        Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
        Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
        I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Stay safe Kyler.

Comment

Re: Fire Storm 2007

Originally posted by Kyler721
            So far, where I am, I do not have to evacuate since I am in Carlsbad, CA, but a lot of people I know, firends and relatives are getting out. Just heard that the evacuations are about 10 miles south of us. Wish us Luck!
            Hang in there and stay safe, I was in San Diego last week I couldn't believe how dry the area is.
            Such a shame because it is so beautiful there.

Wishing you the best of luck and be careful !!!!

Comment

Well I guess our house has become an evacuation center. One aunt and uncle plus their four kids, two family friends, friends of our family, four people, plus two dogs. Not including my family of four plus our dog. Luckily our house is big enough that everyone has a bed!!
              School cancelled for Carlsbad tommorrow, so maybe I will be on...maybe.
              Last I heard, the fire is now about 5-8 miles away, and voluntary evacuations have been sent out. Not going anywhere yet, because we live in an area where we really won't get hit. Still good though!!
              Wish us luck!!

Comment

If you're only 5-8 miles away, you really should think about getting out now. CNN just ran an interview with a guy who woke up about 4 hours ago, and had to get the heck out immediately. When he went to sleep, the nearest flames were miles away, but they moved in very fast.

-Rand
                [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Hey Kyler good to ear you are ok, my sister lives some 20 miles up north from you and also one aunt is being evacuated right now from Bonita area... hope baller is safe too, i think he lives in SD too.
                  I live on the other side of the border but if there is anyway i can help, just let me know. Over here is free of smoke so far.

Comment

Be smart (i.e. get prepped to evac and don't wait until the last minute) and stay safe.
                    --Slaughter

Comment

if kyler lives down in Carlsbad proper(not the out skirts) he'll be fine. it's starting to look a lot like '03 around here.

Comment

Good luck Kyler and to any one else that lives out in that area. I hope everyone stays safe.
                        So go on, go on be your own, go on be your own star!
                        A superstar in my eyes!

Comment

Originally posted by drunken_chef
                          if kyler lives down in Carlsbad proper(not the out skirts) he'll be fine. it's starting to look a lot like '03 around here.
                          They said that this fire is worse than the 2003 fire.
                          I live up the street from Carlsbad High School, so where I am, we should be good. Woke up this morning, and I though it was snowing!!
                          Unfortunately it was just ash. School is cancelled for the rest of the week, because of poor air quality, and the school is being used as a evacuation center. Hope for the best!!

Comment

Originally posted by rafles
                            Hey Kyler good to ear you are ok, my sister lives some 20 miles up north from you and also one aunt is being evacuated right now from Bonita area... hope baller is safe too, i think he lives in SD too.
                            I live on the other side of the border but if there is anyway i can help, just let me know. Over here is free of smoke so far.
                            Thanks for the offer, but we are good for now. Thanks again!!

Comment

Voluntary Fire evacualtions for the City of Carlsbad have been lifted!! WE ARE SAFE!! Thank you everyone for your concern!!

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X