LIKE the Beta? Post Here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LIKE the Beta? Post Here.

Ill buy it , but i dont see it to be as addictive as COD4.

I have to say that I have none of the negative reactions of some.

I don't know whether folks are just expecting some type of quantum leap each time a game comes out, but I would say that this games takes the best game engines available at the moment and combines it with some of the most loved past titles like DOD:Source. Yes you heard me Jeffro, this to me is COD4 and DOD:Source rolled into one.

I like COD4, I just got a little bored after months of playing it everyday. I like the fact that this takes a great engine and great game that COD4 is, and gives us a new scenario, new environment and more game play options.

I think this will be a great addition to our platform that will bring many of our regulars that have been waiting for an objective based game with great game play, back to playing more frequently.

I'm BlackArrow and I approve of this message

Comment

i hate you all... making my indecisiveness even worse!

Comment

Hmm, I actually really enjoy the beta. I find the sniping to be far superior to COD4, and I love the shotgun. I am still fine tuning it so that it runs without a hitch (was able to give myself a BSOD earlier while I was tinkering), but all in all, it's exactly what I wanted, COD4 with new guns and maps

Comment

How good is the sniping really?

Comment

Originally posted by Reconsnipe1 View Post
            How good is the sniping really?
            I really enjoy it, mainly because with larger maps, it feels like real sniping instead of the cramped shooting in COD4.

Comment

Ok, likes...

1.) there's a working faves list!
              2.) There's a friends list!
              3.) There seems to be some sort of game invite thing in the menu!
              4.) Game runs smoother then CoD4
              5.) new weapons
              6.) New environment!
              7.) Dogs instead of chopper, it's interesting and the dog's are a bit of a challenge.
              8.) You can knife the dogs as they attack you. It's rather interesting
              9.)Arty strike instead of airstrike, and it lasts longer. So you won't be getting bombed over and over again by different air strikes in different locations. Makes it a bit better IMO.
              10.) There is a perk which will re-set the counter if you pick up a thrown grenade.
              11.) You have what is more or less tear gas instead of a stun grenade, and a flare instead of a flash grenade.
              12.) Molotov Cocktails! These are fun.
              13.) Some new perks, like the ability to revive players who are on last stand!

Dislikes
              1.) In the 3 maps that came with it, they where all kind of dark. Don't like to fight in the evening or night.
              2.) Reload times are a bit slower then I would like. If i'm in combat, i'm going to be reloading a bit faster then that, especially the pistols.
              3.) Some weapons are quite powerful enough or accurate enough depending on the weapon.
              4.) Players feel a bit "weighted", but not extreamly so. Just enough to where I wish they would work off that extra 5lb's so they could run a bit faster. lol.
              [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

I'll be downloading tonight.

I'm kinda gameless right now. So, I'm hoping this is good enough to hold us till years end.

will post my thoughts sometime Friday.

V

Comment

If you need a code Vito let me know.
                  [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

So far I like it.... I think some people were just expecting too much from this game... After all they did said CODWaW is using the same graphic engine as COD4 and better.

As far as sniping... it seems it as a little delay when moving into zoom.

What maps did you guys get cause I have one map at night, one that seems like afternoon and one in daylight.

Comment

so wait... are the maps bigger? PLEASE SAY YES!

Comment

Maps are definitly bigger than in COD4, at least the 3 maps include in the BETA.

After a more extensive test, I'm starting to loving it. The guns and amo of the first 3 levels suck hard and don't help to love the game! But as soon as you achieved level 4 and unlock more gun/perks, it's starting to be realy interessting!

I still not be able to test dogs or even motar bombing cuz I didn't manage to get a killstreak higher than 3

So right now, It gain point on my side.

Comment

I like the fact that Black Arrow likes the game.

Comment

Let me say this,a game thats going to have flamethrowers and has bounceing bettys....OMG....YA BABY....pre-ordered mine.

Comment

Originally posted by MRDEATH[GoD]Gen View Post
                              Let me say this,a game thats going to have flamethrowers
                              You only get the flamethrower at level 65, so it'll be a while before will see it :P

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X