Unhandled Exception Caught

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unhandled Exception Caught

...just wondering if anyone else has gotten this error and has a fix for XP SP3

I just restarted my computer and it began working again.
    [IMG]http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss69/chris2118/battlefield_3copy.jpg[/IMG]
    X...Noob Slasher...X

Comment

!!! lucky... ive reinstalled and everything and it still doesnt work, but ill try restarting again

... no dice still not working...

Comment

Google'd it, updated video drivers, audio drivers, set it at 24/48000 whatever, did basically everything I could find for a solution, still getting this error message.

Guess I won't be trying the game

I wasn't going to be interested in this game, but I figured with everyone talkin bout it, and the free beta, I'd try - but the thing ain't workin for me so

Comment

Give it a day or so, they're releasing updates (at least for PB) almost every day. I've updated at least twice today from the looks of it.
          [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by -413- View Post
            Google'd it, updated video drivers, audio drivers, set it at 24/48000 whatever, did basically everything I could find for a solution, still getting this error message.

Guess I won't be trying the game

I wasn't going to be interested in this game, but I figured with everyone talkin bout it, and the free beta, I'd try - but the thing ain't workin for me so
            Now I'll we'll only have Demon to make us laugh while killing us

Keep trying sister, our thoughts are with you

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
              I'll we'll
              wut

Yeah, I guess with you guys all playing without me, I'll have to try updating it... except wait - does that mean I uninstall and re-download the Beta? Cuz I can't even get a screen to choose update or anything. It comes up with a black screen like it will show COD5 or somethin, then goes back to my Desktop saying Close program - then Unhandled Exception Caught.

I miss you guys already. I have been playing PS2 the last few days, and was gonna get back into COD4 either today or tmrw, but you guys are all playin the new game.

Comment

I'll we'll miss you lol.... new word of the day

I won't be playing CoD5 all day anyways. I have the greatest RTS game in history to play online... Red Alert 3! Wooooo!

Comment

OMG I used to spend all my days playing C&C Red Alert (wayyyyyyy back... and on PS1 ). I forgot about games like that, maybe I should pick it up.

I love RTS games but I never remember them when I go to the game store. I end up with FPS' and like, action games (Resident Evil, Silent Hill, GTA). Oh, and Final Fantasy games.

Also -

SOMEONE FIX MY BETA

Comment

Wait, so what does happen? Do you start the game and then it crashes? Did you try uninstalling and removing everything and reinstalling? Have you tried going to church and praying? Have you tried seaching in their forums? I'll try to help you if you tell me what is happening... I'll we'll miss you

Comment

I'll break it down for ya -

I downloaded the Beta (yahoo server cuz I couldn't remember my sign-ins from FilePlanet and Gamespot was giving me issues)

Installed everything fine, no errors.

Start up game, gave me d3dx9.dll error. Downloaded and installed d3dx9.dll to system32 folder. Thought I had it already...

restarted - then ran game. COD:WAW splash screen, then black like it's going to the game, then bam! Back to desktop - Program error or whatever windows thing comes up - look online for solution or close the program. Close Program.

Looked online for help - Some people set their audio to 24 Bit/48000 Hz (Studio Quality). This did not work.

Updated video drivers. Updated audio drivers. This did not work.

Rebooted several times during all of that, did not help.

Perhaps I shall uninstall the game and reinstall now that I have all that crap updated.

Will come back when that's done. If there's anything I may be missing, post it so I can see it if this doesn't work.

Comment

Don't forget to update PB.

Comment

Been reading their forums and there are about 50 threads about this. No one has found any solution to this so I guess you should just give up Hopefully they fix it soon, or on release , I'll We'll miss you

Comment

Alot of people are having this issue I would try to reinstall the latest directx version.
                            http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

If that doesn't work then try the latest beta/video driver. GL
                            [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/DragonCLR/DragonSig3.png[/img]

Comment

Dragon, I had just found like one person on a forum mention updating DX9, so I did it, but yes, you are correct. I did that and now I'm in.

Anyone who has this issue, and did the stuff I mentioned above already, try this -

Uninstall the beta, update DX9, Reinstall Beta, reboot, try again.

Also, just a side note I don't think I mentioned, I have Vista Ultimate.

so basically -

I'M ON THE BETA BABY!

Now to see how much I hate it

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X