Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teh_Best_Kit_evar?

Well whats your favorite kit?

For me - While I love medic and I play it a lot, I'd have to go with sniper... nothing beats seeing an ubered medic and heavy and the moment the uber goes out that heavy goes down.
    Scout
    0%
    Soldier
    0%
    Pyro
    0%
    Demoman
    0%
    Heavy
    0%
    Engineer
    0%
    Medic
    0%
    Sniper
    0%
    Spy
    0%
    [img]http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/120/latinsigsj0.jpg[/img] [img]http://sigs.2142-stats.com/BenKenobi_player_7511.png[/img] [img]http://www.ronpaul2008.com/img/public_banners/hope-banner1.gif[/img] [url=http://www.cainslair.com/paypal2Cain.htm/]
    You will donate to Cain's. Now.[/url]

Gotta be medic...

well look at my history..

Healer (magic)
    Healer (magic)
    White Mage
    Preist

lol

I like to actively assist, only reason i did not like medic in BF games is you dont activly assist.

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
    ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Comment

Cry summore! AHAHAHA! Heavy 4 me. Wish i could play.

Comment

Depends on the map and the team?s need. I like to try and fit a role that no one else is doing.
        Engineer, Medic, Sniper, Heavy are by far my top most played.
        Spy and Pyro in a second group. Then Soldier, and Demo / Scout at the far bottom of the list.

I love the Sniper though
        [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
        So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Pyro when I want to mess up an enemy teams offense. When I get a medic to follow me and Uber at the right moment I can burn 5 of them to a crisp !!! Nothing is as fun as being on Gravel Pit and sneaking in behind the whole team as they push to cap C and here I come around the corner ...

I then rush back out into the safety of the courtyard as they all retreat and I then hit the 'G' key to hear that maniacal laugh thru the gas mask.

*weapon raised over head* aHhAHaHAHAAA !!!
          Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Soldier boy or Demoman. Both have the ability to close down an entire entrypoint.

I'm going to place sniper at the bottom of the list because its purely situational IMO. Need long fields of fire and someone watching your back in order to be really effective.
            Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

Spy//Pyro

Comment

scout. i just run around bashing everyone's heads in hehehe.

Comment

Best all around kit: Soldier. He's the jack of all trades, master of none. Best solo class, and also good in swarms.

My favorites:
                  Demoman - with a good team backing him up, he can be absolutely devestating (far more than even a soldier)

Heavy - At first I didn't like playing him too much, because I thought he was just a big target. But after getting used to his movement speed and how to direct traffic with Sasha, I've rarely had as much fun as when Me, Sasha, and a capable medic get going. There is NOTHING quite like hopping right into the middle of an enemy nest, and then watching with glee as the kill list just starts scrolling down the right hand side with lots and lots of minigun kills

Medic is a good all around class, in so much as any good offense needs at least one capable medic keeping the drive alive (one word: BONESAAAAAAAAAW! )

Comment

Having been on the receiving end of that bonesaw of yours a couple of times the other day (grrrr), and being able to testify to its effectiveness, I find it odd that I've never seen anyone else meleeing with a medic. I never even saw you coming, O Speedy Sawer of Bones.

I'd have to agree that Soldier is the most versatile class. I usually choose an Engineer, a Pyro, or a Demoman depending on what role needs to be filled, but if I don't see anything specific then a Soldier is always helpful somewhere. The Scout is fun on certain maps and an easy way to rack up quick points. Haven't played the Heavy too much yet (although it was my favorite class in TFC), and I think I have less than 2 minutes playtime with the Sniper, Medic and the Spy.

The Engineer is probably my favorite class, having a Sentry Gun to whack baddies, a Dispenser to heal myself and others, and running around shooting faces with the shotgun is a blast. Unfortunately I tend to get bored with babysitting the Sentry from spies and go a-blasting, and right when I'm too far away to save it my Sentry gets sapped.
                    [url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/Thrashdragon][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/violet/Thrashdragon.png[/img][/url]
                    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/spikedz/TD_Latin.png[/img]

Comment

Anybody notice how the Medic can hold their own against the Soldiers under most conditions ?? Even with a distinct weapon and health disadvantage ??? iMaybe its just me, but when I'm a Med and I see a Soldier, I go fill his face full of needles. I'm too fast for him to hit, so his only chance is a splash damage hit.
                      I've noticed on the map Well that Soldier's can't fire down at the ground due to the flattop hauler trains in between the fighting and I just pepper those poor slow Soldiers with needle crits.
                      Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Originally posted by WalkinTarget
                        Anybody notice how the Medic can hold their own against the Soldiers under most conditions ?? Even with a distinct weapon and health disadvantage ??? iMaybe its just me, but when I'm a Med and I see a Soldier, I go fill his face full of needles. I'm too fast for him to hit, so his only chance is a splash damage hit.
                        I've noticed on the map Well that Soldier's can't fire down at the ground due to the flattop hauler trains in between the fighting and I just pepper those poor slow Soldiers with needle crits.
                        Yep, I was able to bring down 2 soliders in the same round with my needle gun. Was playing 2Fort and waited for them to drop from the balcony to needle them in the back. They went down somewhat fast. Tried my luck with a Heavy and he just turned and swatted me dead. lol

Scouts are nearly impossible to take down as a Medic.
                        [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
                        So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Originally posted by WalkinTarget
                          I tend to end up blowing myself to pieces with my own rockets going toe-to-toe with a Medic, unless I can catch him at a pretty good distance.
                          [url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/Thrashdragon][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/violet/Thrashdragon.png[/img][/url]
                          [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/spikedz/TD_Latin.png[/img]

Comment

Right now I like pyro the best. 2nd favorite would be medic, if they would improve his offense a little, I would play it the most.
                            A change of Pace.
                            "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

Originally posted by paceman
                              Right now I like pyro the best. 2nd favorite would be medic, if they would improve his offense a little, I would play it the most.
                              Medic has a GREAT offensive weapon, its in slot #2

Seriously though, they did this on purpose. Back in TFC, medics were more about highlflying acrobatics and infecting the enemy than actually healing teammates. In a game where you can cross the field in seconds, and there is no respawn timer, the ability to heal loses most of its usefulness.

TF2 is a lot more about teamwork. A good medic can keep several teammates alive, which means he's more vital to a good push than any one offensive player. And as Thrash witnessed, the bonesaw is actually quite an effective weapon when used properly in tandem with the medic's extra speed (think like a scout, hit like a soldier ). Needlegun is no slouch either, but the aiming is so off and combined with my lag, I rarely prefer it over the saw.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X