Its been fun guys.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its been fun guys.

My parents got mad at my grades in school and are now not letting me play with u guys on the week days. Hopefully i will be able to play on the weekends, if not i will not really be able to get on at all I can get on a little this week but thats about all.

Thank them for me

I'll We'll miss you!

Comment

I read this and thought immediately of TeamkillerZ, our other young'un who had issues with which the parents dealt with by drastically cutting his online time.

Good luck, fasttwitchreflexkid, and we'll be around when you return.

PS - Recon fragged me with pinpoint aim on Castle yesterday, and watching the killcam I could just tell he was a kid with very good twitch reflexes, hence my made up word above. He might even remember me commenting on it.
      Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Originally posted by Reconsnipe1 View Post
        My parents got mad at my grades in school and are now not letting me play with u guys on the week days. Hopefully i will be able to play on the weekends, if not i will not really be able to get on at all I can get on a little this week but thats about all.
        Dude... LISTEN TO THEM !!

Ask Brandon aka BranFlakes why he doent have teh internets in his room.
        Simple answer was....Poor Grades - JUST PASSING IN MY HOUSE DOESN'T CUT IT !!

you have one responsibility at that age - your grades. You maintain them and I will give you the world. My rules are THAT simple.

If you don't I will control EVERY MINUTE of you life and that's not what you want.

Book up !! Dude, your parents may sound like teh sux right now, but trust me they know what they are talking about. PM Brandon, he'll give you good advise

ViTO

Comment

Dude, for real, take your grades seriously. I used to get so angry, I imagine all of us have been like that before. Work on your grades, get good ones, and you'll be playin with us again in no time

But get good grades or I'll come slap you with a fish.

Comment

It's good to take a break from games... I feel much more relaxed now.
            In all seriousness, try and get good grades. It makes some people feel good, though I've never understood that part of it, lol.

I'm gonna assume you're somewhere in the 11-13 range... If I'm right, just do homework & reasonably well on tests...
            I'm never like that, which makes me sad I end up getting 100%'s on tests and ending up with incomplete homework. Oh, and huge tip for good grades: Be a favorite student. Get the teachers to like you. I made the mistake of constantly questioning/correcting teachers (I felt the need to) but now I've learned to keep my mouth shut lol

and /agree with ViTO. My parents keep my going with the healthy threat of being sent to the middle of absolute nowhere for a few years.

Comment

Guys- Little bit of reflection from an old guy

The 3 biggest nerds from my highschool, the so-called library pilots, 1 of them was employee # 5 or #6 at google, another started his own company and sold it for over 30 million before he was 23, and the third guy is doing something important at Microsoft.

Getting best grades doesnt guarantee your success, but it sure wont hurt them. Most of the people who did well in school that I know are doing much better in terms of income and toys (Porsches, boats, etc.)

They also tend to work fewer hours and earn twice as much as the people who were too cool for school.

Get your homework done dudes, plenty of time to have fun when you graduate from College.

Comment

To jump on the bandwagon of advice, I am a junior in high school.

As long as you do all of your homework, it is hard to do poorly in a class. Even if you get C's on all of your tests, you can still squeeze out a B with high homework grades. Of all the people that I know that have failed a class in middle/high school, none had a report card with 1 or none incompletes under the homework section.

I could go one with more tips, as mine seem to work since my grades are very high (98/100 GPA anyone?), but I won't bore you.
                "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a Communist."
                - Dom Helder Camara

Comment

Recon,

You can do it partner! Get them grades up and focus on the school work. Your parents are right even though sometimes you don't like what they do or decide, it's truly for your own good.
                  You're the one bright light here at the lair and I don't want to see you get in trouble over grades.
                  It's a real pleasure having you as a team member in games and look forward to you being back when you catch them grades up.

Cheers
                  DougBob
                  Last edited by DougBob; 3 Nov 2008, 09:19 PM. Reason: misspelling
                  [IMG]http://thepebkac.net/images/sigs/Outdoors_sig.jpg[/IMG]
                  Like the community? Donate here:
                  [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate[/URL]

Comment

its for the best.

get those grades up, show them you deserve their trust,and then have a proper balance between school, a social life, and games and you;ll be fine
                    [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
                    So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Good for your parents !!!

They love you and only want what is best for you, so listen to them, do what they say, and we will be here when you return !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post

They love you and only want what is best for you, so listen to them, do what they say, and we will be here when you return !!!!!

well said!!!

as a senior in highschool i know all about how parents will jump down your throat at the first sign of mediocrity, let alone a "bad" grade, just keep your head up and remember, school is as fun or as much of a prison as you make it!!!

*hint* having a positive outlook on school (and life in general) will really make the years fly by

Comment

When you go home from your good paying job, put the key in the door of your house and are met inside by your beautiful wife, call your parents and thank them so much for this decision!
                          [img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/vitopagano/CoD2/limeyfunny.jpg[/img]
                          [img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y232/english911/admin.jpg[/img]
                          [size=4][color=blue][url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url][/color][/size]

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post

+1

PG has the same problem and me & her mother have too from time too time crack down on her! School is important pleaseeeeeeeeeeee do your very best Games come later.

I do have a degree but I cannot use it. ( Thank You Reagan!!!!!!!!!!!)
                            Last edited by Todd98; 4 Nov 2008, 09:01 AM.

Comment

I'm so happy to be over with that school thing

Finished high school in 2004 and after 4 years, I finally got my "cegep" diploma (that's what it come between High School and University here in Qu?bec) as an Analyst Programmer. I'm actualy working as a SysAdmin/Network administrator and also programmer in a private school in my city. Nice job.

Well, all this can be resume in : Do your best, one day or another it'll pay off. Trust me, I blew my ass off (sorry for gore language ) on schools seats but It was absolutely worth it at the end of the line.

It'll be a pleasure to be a target for you snipe again when you'll come back, but for now, WORK HARD!

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X