Left 4 Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Left 4 Dead

Left4Dead release is coming up... and there is a demo too!

Early access to the demo begins Thursday, November 6 on both the Xbox 360 and the PC. The demo will feature single player and co-operative modes, supporting 1 to 4 player games.

On November 11 the demo will be made available to all Xbox 360 and PC gamers, with no obligation to purchase. The demo concludes on November 18, when Left 4 Dead will be made available at retail outlets across North America and worldwide via Steam.
    Anyone wanna coop with me?
    "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a Communist."
    - Dom Helder Camara

How do you get the early access? Not that tomorrow works for me, since I have a night meeting, but it would be good to have for Friday and the weekend.

-Rand
    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post
      How do you get the early access? Not that tomorrow works for me, since I have a night meeting, but it would be good to have for Friday and the weekend.

-Rand
      I think early access is for people who preordered only.
      "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a Communist."
      - Dom Helder Camara

Comment

I can't stand the fact that I put this on my Xmas list and have to wait over a month to play it. I will be on the demo like flies on dog doo, so I might change my mind and buy it anyhow.

I want it badly, but the 4 player limit really means it will not be the typical Lair game at all. I also removed Fallout 3 from my Xmas list after reading about the Securom fiasco.

And to top that off, I just got a free copy of Far Cry 2 !! With Securom !! Anyone wanna trade me for Left 4 Dead ?
        Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Left 4 Dead demo now available for pre-loading on Steam !!! WooT
          Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Originally posted by WalkinTarget View Post
            Left 4 Dead demo now available for pre-loading on Steam !!! WooT
            What exactly is pre-loading? Can you play the game right now?

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
              What exactly is pre-loading? Can you play the game right now?
              I think it means that you can DL it now and be able to play it when the time comes up.
              [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
              Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Duke is correct. It will load up to 99% and then be available the moment that the L4D demo is available. I'm hosting a LAN party next weekend so this is the way to go for me. Official demo release is November 12, so depending on how the demo goes, I may just pre-order and get it off Steam.

Comment

the demo is out right now for those who pre-order the game.
                  Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

DEM is out indeed !!! Checking out screenshots now. Most first impressions are VERY positive. It is a very short demo, but it looks like a great game.

Comment

Comment

ive heard very bad and very good things about this game... im gonna wait and see

Comment

Meh, I need more than 4 people to calm me down from screaming.

The intro movie was awesome to watch.

Comment

Uh Oh .. bad news already on the demo !! Ugghhh, this is sad.

1) No SERVER BROWSER !!!!
                            http://www.left4dead411.com/news/200...a-whoa-server/
                            2) Servers with passwords dont ask for them until everyone has "loaded" or connected to the server
                            3) Finding the server separately from the lobby doesn't guarantee that all people can connect to that server even though they could connect to the lobby, so even if YOU get into the game, it doesn't mean the other three will.

Comment

How can i get it?

Wanna play with Holy and you other as well
                              [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X