Flaming kamikaze squirrel torches car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flaming kamikaze squirrel torches car

There's always things that you would think could never happen, and this is one of them.

A New Jersey woman's Toyota Camry last week suffered a sciurine kamikaze attack during which a flaming squirrel fell onto the vehicle, slid into the engine compartment and provoked an explosion which destroyed the parked vehicle, the Jersey Journal reports.

Lindsey Millar, 23, and bruv Tony, 22, were at home in Bayonne last Wednesday lunchtime when the incident occurred. The animal had apparently decided it was a really good move to chew through overhead powerlines directly above the motor, and was duly fried for its trouble.

Tony Millar explained: "The squirrel chewed through the wire, was set on fire, fell down directly to where the car was. The squirrel, on fire, slid into the engine compartment and blew up the car."

He added: "They're always coming around here, chewing through the garbage."

Ms Millar is apparently fully insured for incendiary squirrel strike, although her brother concluded: "It's something to laugh about once she has a new car. It's not funny yet."

As a rather poignant footnote, the Jersey Journal notes that the Millars' house is fully decked out in anticipation of Halloween, "complete with a tiny plastic tombstone on their front lawn". Tony Millar said the family "will consider dedicating the tombstone to the squirrel".
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/10...kaze_squirrel/

at first i thought "a terrorist squirrel great". Turns out there wasn't a squirrel on a jihad mission, nor was there a terrorist strapping bombs to squirrels in neighborhoods. Instead, there is funny times.

Comment

You gotta keep an eye on those squirrels, remember Willy Wonka's squirrels...lol. We were visiting Kensington Palace ( where Pricesss Di lived) and called my daughter to see the very tame squirrels. She would not come near quoting the squirrels in Willy Wonka, I nearly pee'd my pants. Children
      Jaspurr

[img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/vitopagano/jaspurr.jpg[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by jaspurr
        You gotta keep an eye on those squirrels, remember Willy Wonka's squirrels...lol. We were visiting Kensington Palace ( where Pricesss Di lived) and called my daughter to see the very tame squirrels. She would not come near quoting the squirrels in Willy Wonka, I nearly pee'd my pants. Children
        Watching Willy Wonka as a child is why I have an unusual phobia of midgets. I'm not kidding.
        [SIZE=1][B]"Now more than ever the people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless, and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness, and corruption." ~President James Garfield[/B][/SIZE]
        <<< Please [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]donate[/URL] >>>

Comment

.... Well, the world is coming to an end when squirrels are setting themselves on fire to destroy cars.

I wonder how that squirrel crawled into the engine compartment... Was the hood open or somethin? At least NC squirrels are largely killed by cats and hawks, cause thats ridiculous.

Comment

Goblin, love the avatar.

What part of Charlotte do you live in? I lived there until last year, lived off of Mallard Creek road in a development behind Concord Mills Mall.

I'm glad we have another representative from NC here - think that makes five of us now.
            [SIZE=1][B]"Now more than ever the people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless, and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness, and corruption." ~President James Garfield[/B][/SIZE]

Comment

Gotta love Kramer... "hey buddy"
              Anyway, I dont actually live in Charlotte. I live in Mooresville, but noone ever knows where it is, so I just say North of Charlotte. Or, if I can tell that the person Im speakin to is from NC, I say North Kakalackie (yes, thats what Carolinians say. At least as far as I know).

Sorry, off topic. Resume discussing Jihadist squirrels

Comment

lol this was funny. i passed it to some friends at work, and our resident animal lover freaked out. rofl.

Comment

Originally posted by xGoblin013x
                  ... Anyway, I dont actually live in Charlotte. I live in Mooresville, but noone ever knows where it is...
                  Every NASCAR fan knows where Morresville is . My wife is from Concord but she usually just tells people Charlotte as well - it's just easier.

Next time I'm down that way, I'll try to remember to shoot you a PM, maybe we can get together for a beer, take some pics, and post them on the Lair (assuming, of course, you are an adult; if not, don't want you telling your parents, "Can I go meet some old guy I met on the internet?")

Ok, last off topic post, I promise... back to Jihadist squirrels.

Comment

Flaming squirrels of dooooooom!
                    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/Igorod/troopdod.jpg[/img]
                    [url=http://profile.xfire.com/trooper110][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/1/trooper110.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                    Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                      by Apache Warrior
                      6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                    • Reply to 6 years
                      by Sirex
                      I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                      Just hit 2.5K miles...
                      5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                    • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                      by Sirex
                      Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                      5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                    • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                      by Sirex
                      Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                      5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                    • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                      by Sirex
                      Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                      5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                    Working...
                    X