Beta over on Monday 11/10 Morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beta over on Monday 11/10 Morning

Yeah, it's over. By the way, the game will be exactly like the Beta. A patch is expected in the first 2 weeks or month which should fix some issues. We all know that the Last Stand perk won't be fixed along with running and planting Betties. Lame martyerdom won't be removed. Juggernaut and stopping power will be overpowered and underpowered, respectively. Let's see what happens.

And one last thing, Cain please if you will be making an HC server, health should be switch to Minuscule to make it true Hardcore.

If you are indeed ordering this game from GameStop or EB Games then take a look at this thread here

Link:
    Call of Duty, World at War

Exact quote:

Hi everyone,

Just a heads-up, the Xbox 360 and PC Multiplayer BETA's are coming to a close. Both BETA's are officially closing Monday morning, 11/10/08. You will not be able to log in on either the Xbox 360 or the PC starting Monday morning. This is in preparation for the retail release that will follow later that evening at midnight!

It's been a great few weeks, and we've collected an invaluable amount of data as a result of both BETA's. As you may have noticed, there was a Title Update released for the Xbox 360 BETA, demonstrating just a small subset of the fixes we've implemented for the retail game. As for the PC, we have a patch we're preparing already to address some of the more important issues discovered with your BETA.

For that, I extend our sincerest thanks to the community for all the great feedback, and truly hope you enjoyed the BETA. Expect some more exciting news over the weekend, and keep an eye out as we prepare to unveil a very exciting new site feature to go live with the game!

So be sure to head out to the closest Gamestop retail location providing a midnight opening for Call of Duty: World at War Monday night and get your full game, or find it in shelves in North America Tuesday, and across Europe Nov. 14!

Regards,
    -JD
    Last edited by K PhaNTOM; 9 Nov 2008, 08:20 PM.

I hope the leave the Leadfoot perk alone

Comment

Oh yah... See ya guys on the other side

Comment

uhhh... Monday is 11/10. Wednesday is 11/12.

I guess I only have tonight to play the Beta before I can uninstall.

I might buy it after the patch comes out... I'll wait and see what gets fixed and how you guys like it after the patch.

Comment

Bugga, I need to learn my months... and days... and some names.

Comment

Good, i have give up now!

Anyway getting the game on Friday!
            Install it then play some, then join up with K Phantom and the others too
            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Only 23:00, cst, and servers are down down down..
              ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Originally posted by Dead_And_Gone View Post
                Only 23:00, cst, and servers are down down down..
                I just checked it, I can still get in. Maybe you need to reboot or sumpin

Comment

I have a question. (a little off topic here) I heard of games beening release on Midnight from Gamestop before but I never picked my game up at that time. Now that my work scheduled has changed. (I get off at work at 4:00 am) Will Gamestop remain open for the rest of the morning or is this just a 1 hour thing?

Comment

I've been to a couple of midnight releases. At least one of them lasted past 1AM that I know of. I'm guessing that they start to close up shop when no one else is waiting to get the game. I know that's probably not much help, but I've had my nose in a statistics textbook for the past 6 hours and I'm bored as hell so I posted. Sooo just skip work and pick up the game at midnight!

Comment

Originally posted by Fitty-Six K View Post
                      I've been to a couple of midnight releases. At least one of them lasted past 1AM that I know of. I'm guessing that they start to close up shop when no one else is waiting to get the game. I know that's probably not much help, but I've had my nose in a statistics textbook for the past 6 hours and I'm bored as hell so I posted. Sooo just skip work and pick up the game at midnight!
                      Thanks... I'm serious thinking about missing work but I rather if I can pick the game up at 4am Tuesday morning and miss work Tuesday afternoon (I go to work at 4pm Tues get off work at 4am Wensday. I work the graveyard shift) that way I can play all evening

Comment

I was in the game and it still is working. When they close it you won't be able to log in to the game, not the servers.

Comment

so is the game coming out today or tomorrow?

Comment

Tuesday the 11th.
                            Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                            Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                            I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                            Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

talked to gamestop... they said its coming out today... i'm gonna pass by right after work and see if this rumor is true

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X