Lock Picking and Code Breakin' Fallout 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lock Picking and Code Breakin' Fallout 3

I kind of got the code breaking thing figured out at computer terminals...doesn't help if it's "VERY EASY" if you don't even know how to hack.

From I understand just because it says 3/5 doesn't mean you got 3/5 characters right...but that's the correct PLACEMENT of the characters?

I'm not quite sure THAT means though.

And lock picking? Crap I'm going to run out of bobby pins...not sure how that works..I'd have to come over to you alls house to watch your fingers on the keyboard do this. lol

It's harder than Sam Fishers lock picking.

They made this game so hard and realistic....I like it...it makes me want to complain about hard it is....and that's a good thing.

Lockpicking 101

Listen to friction as you move the mouse left to right.
    Click A or D
    If you see the pin start to wiggle, STOP
    Try the opposite direction ( A or D)

If that doesnt work, try a few CM left or right on the Bobby Pin. If it breaks, try and "see" the line where the pin crosses the outside of the circle, so that when you start again you can put the pin a few CM above or below where you broke the pin.

HINT: Hit F5 before you pick a lock so you can F9 when you break a pin.
    HINT: Never force a lock unless you are above 55%, and never try unless you have saved first. You get XP = regardless to whether you force it or pick it.

Hacking

I think the letter thing is horse crud. The better I have gotten at hacking, the more I notice that it is a word association game.

when you get a word that is 5 of 9 correct, look at it carefully. I will be something like Diplomacy. Look for another word like Bartering or something and pick that, and etc.

Thats how I have been successful.

Never use your last try. Just Exit and start over.
    You get your 4 tries back. and you can pick up where you left off.

I've abandoned the letter match system, and have been doing word association for a few days now, and it seems to be working. Either that or its all BS and you just randomly pick words until you get it right. Writing down which ones you pick helps you eliminate redundant guesses.

Comment

For the hacking thing just pick a word at random for attempt #1. Lets say you pick out "Tony" and the report says that you got 3 out of 4. For pick number 2 try "Sony" or "tone". After the 2nd try you can eliminate 80% of your options. F5 and F9 are your friends.

Comment

Here's some help with Hacking...

Look for these inbetween the possible passwords:

<yada yada>
        [ooga booga]
        {Samples}
        (Yea..something like these)

Finding codes within these brackets, etc. can eliminate some of the duds and give ya less passwords and can also bring you back to 4 guesses again. I usually start looking for these after two guesses so I maximize my possible guesses.

Good luck...

As for Lockpicking.

Very Easy and Easy...really easy to figure out.

Average and Hard...The hardest for me but try all the way left of right.

Very Hard..Usually around 10 and 11 or 1 and 2 oclock when moving the hairpin. This has been my experience so far when Lockpicking.
        [url="http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/19030358"]Dracontius - North America - Summoners - League of Legends Statistics - lolking.net[/url] - My LoL stats etc

[URL="http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82"]http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82[/URL] - Use link if you want to play League of Legends.

Comment

i found a great guide to hacking the ingame terminals on cheatplanet, it shows examples and everything, the biggest tip was to look for suffixes and prefixes on real words in the big block of code junk

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
          Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
            by Apache Warrior
            6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
          • Reply to 6 years
            by Sirex
            I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
            Just hit 2.5K miles...
            5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
          • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
            by Sirex
            Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
            5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
          • Reply to Hell Let Loose
            by Sirex
            Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
            5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
          • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
            by Sirex
            Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
            5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
          Working...
          X