Cain's Lair: My MMO Rehab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cain's Lair: My MMO Rehab

Thank you cain's lair. You have helped me to quit the very addicted MMO Star wars galaxies (SWG).

Ever since I joined cain's lair I knew there was something different about the people here. In SWG there is no real loyalty among people and everyone is pretty immature (partly because half of them are quite young). As I started to spend more time with you guys I then started to play on bf2142 and now tf2 more than SWG... and I finally quit after 3 years!! Yay! I finally did it.

I unsubscribed 2 months ago and I don't plan on going back....

THANK U CAINS LAIR AND BE PROUD OF WHO U R!
    [img]http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/120/latinsigsj0.jpg[/img] [img]http://sigs.2142-stats.com/BenKenobi_player_7511.png[/img] [img]http://www.ronpaul2008.com/img/public_banners/hope-banner1.gif[/img] [url=http://www.cainslair.com/paypal2Cain.htm/]
    You will donate to Cain's. Now.[/url]

good for you!

In August I quit my 5 year long (February would mark my 6th year) addiction to the MMORPG Runescape. I feel so clean can cleansed since I quit, the economy/community is rapidly going downhill in that game. Not to mention their customer support is horrible.

Comment

very addicted MMO Star wars galaxies
      LOL...i thought sony would have fixed that addiction when they total screwed over that game. The changes they made will go down in history on "how to kill a mmo". Im shocked anyone still plays it after that. They probably would have been better off just going sunset with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Premonition
        very addicted MMO Star wars galaxies
        LOL...i thought sony would have fixed that addiction when they total screwed over that game. The changes they made will go down in history on "how to kill a mmo". Im shocked anyone still plays it after that. They probably would have been better off just going sunset with it.
        Many people still play..... they have rebuilt almost everything
        [img]http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/120/latinsigsj0.jpg[/img] [img]http://sigs.2142-stats.com/BenKenobi_player_7511.png[/img] [img]http://www.ronpaul2008.com/img/public_banners/hope-banner1.gif[/img] [url=http://www.cainslair.com/paypal2Cain.htm/]
        You will donate to Cain's. Now.[/url]

Comment

I played for a few months when it first came out. I must say that I really enjoyed it then. However, I couldn't get over the montly charge to participate and haven't played in a very long time - but noticed they continued charging my AmEx for several months after I unsubscribed.

I can't exactly remember the outcome but I beleive AmEx gave them some crap and I was refunded for eight months or so. Jackasses.
          [SIZE=1][B]"Now more than ever the people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless, and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness, and corruption." ~President James Garfield[/B][/SIZE]
          <<< Please [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]donate[/URL] >>>

Comment

People get so sucked in to MMOs, it aint funny.

Cain?s Lair is really a unique place. It is full of fun people who simply like to have fun gaming together. You have a mix of great players and some not so great players (like me) and the camaraderie between everyone is just amazing.

Case in point, last night, playing TF2, the opposing team was having fun all spawning as the same class. Just something for fits and giggles (at least, that?s what it seemed to us).

You do come for the games, and you really stay for the people.
            [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
            So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Note to everyone,

MMO = Bad!

Comment

Originally posted by juneau
                Note to everyone,

MMO = Bad!

Took me two years to break my WoW addiction
                Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

I still play WOW maybe once a week for an hour or so, but not the 6 hours a day, 7 days a week addiction I had.
                  I can thank Cains Lair for helping me to walk away from it.

THANK YOU CAIN, YOU SAVED MY LIFE!!!
                  ??Click me to donate??

Comment

On a side note, had someone where I work play Star wars G
                    for some time.

You really really really had to work hard to get your Jedi.

then they changed it all to where ANYONE could get a jedi,
                    and nerfed it to where you weren't any more powerful than any
                    other character type, if not weaker.

People dropped like flies from it. I'm sure a few went back after they
                    kicked out the total idiot that ruined the game. That was Oh So Stupid on their part. One of the worst marketing/gaming decisions I've ever seen.
                    ??Click me to donate??

Comment

ahhh SWG. I dabbled in that. I think I ground out 12 professions before I called it quits.

My roommate was far more addicted... he did 31 of 32 before Jedi unlocked, only to see the absolutely massive grind it was, and could not do any of it in a popular zone. Then he realized something was wrong with getting the training points to master(i.e. impossible to amass the 620 iirc needed) so he quit.

He could have made about 1k at the time if he sold it tho, but he refused to do so. He now swears to never touch anything Sony related again. ha!

Comment

swg & WoW. i too am a refugee...

Comment

Originally posted by LAMONT
                          He now swears to never touch anything Sony related again. ha!
                          So I hope he didn't go off and buy a PS3
                          [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
                          So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

MMO ???? wazzat ????

Even if I WANTED to try one out, my wife would have my _____ in a _____ if I added a monthly charge to the credit card to play an online game.
                            So there, you will NEVER see WT in any MMO, regardless of its content, simply because .. errrr, the wifey says no.

I had a buddy who was/is hugely addicted to DAoC and he kept giving me CDs with a one week trial key, so I never got around to bothering with it. Too much grinding your life away ... I enjoy the nightly 1.5-2 hours of FPS gaming that I get, so its great seeing you ditching the MMO, Ben !! I'll med for you anyday.
                            Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Originally posted by WalkinTarget
                              MMO ???? wazzat ????

Even if I WANTED to try one out, my wife would have my _____ in a _____ if I added a monthly charge to the credit card to play an online game.
                              So there, you will NEVER see WT in any MMO, regardless of its content, simply because .. errrr, the wifey says no.

I had a buddy who was/is hugely addicted to DAoC and he kept giving me CDs with a one week trial key, so I never got around to bothering with it. Too much grinding your life away ... I enjoy the nightly 1.5-2 hours of FPS gaming that I get, so its great seeing you ditching the MMO, Ben !! I'll med for you anyday.
                              There's always Guild Wars!

I love playing MMO's, but I've never been able to get into them enough where I'll play them all day, or on a consistent basis.

SWG might had been one of them, but after I heard of the nerf I decided to stick to WoW.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X