Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Install/PunkBuster Problem

EDIT: Fixed previous problem, but a new one has risen
    I cannnot gt online, as it says my account is offline and that I must be online to search for servers...but I don't know why I am offline because nothing is preventing the program from gaining access to the internet (firewall is allowing program access to the internet). This happened when I updated PB and installed the new patch. Anyone got any ideas?
    We work in the dark, to serve the light. We are Assassins.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Originally posted by KyleRiley View Post
    EDIT: Fixed previous problem, but a new one has risen
    I cannnot gt online, as it says my account is offline and that I must be online to search for servers...but I don't know why I am offline because nothing is preventing the program from gaining access to the internet (firewall is allowing program access to the internet). This happened when I updated PB and installed the new patch. Anyone got any ideas?
    Completely uninstall all instances of Punkbuster.
    Open up the registry, and remove all entries for punkbuster.
    Reinstall Punkbuster via the setup.exe file.

Thats suggestion #1 if its suspected that its a PB problem.

Next, confirm that you have no advanced security protocols in your firewall that are not allowing the game to run.

#3 is to shut down 100% of the open programs. No Anti Virus, etc.

#4 Try running the game without the firewall. if it comes up, quickly flip the switch for the firewall. Sometimes the learning aspect of the firewall will trip and you will finally get the results you need.

Other than that, I dunno- I dont own the game.

Comment

I actually read somewhere that if you don't install PB while installing the game, it won't work for some reason. Probably going to try a complete reinstall.

Comment

Having the same issue now.... it wont let me connet to anything........ great, just super duper great....

Comment

Same problem was in beta. You MUST install PB with the game... even if is already installed.

Comment

Originally posted by marvindecrain View Post
            Same problem was in beta. You MUST install PB with the game... even if is already installed.
            yep! i had to do that.

Comment

Well when I checked to see if PB was on my compute after I installed the game, it was, and it seems like PB is working. I just cannot seem to get online. It says "Failed to connect with the Online Service" or something along those lines.

Anyone got any ideas, because I feel that trying another reinstall would be pointless.
              Just curious, did the game make a shortcut on the desktop for anyone, because it didn't even make a folder for the game in the start menu. Weird?

Comment

Kyle, their servers were offline. They seem to be back up according to Rogue

Comment

"it says my account is offline"

Here's my only guess. That message doesn't sound related to Punkbuster. It might relate to your firewall. Have you tried a Google search for the exact text of the error message?

Whenever you patch a game, you're changing the software. You authorized the original software version to bypass your firewall, but maybe not the new one. With Zonealarm, every time I update a game, I need to reauthorize that new version to access the Internet.

Good luck!

Comment

I have disabled every security stting on my computer and still no go. Just tried it so it wasn't the server. Could it be the internet I am using at University of San Diego? Some people here have had problems running certain programs like limewire here so maybe the schools internet is not allowing me to play online...

Comment

No solutions to offer, but to continue troubleshooting you'll need to keep dividing the problem.

Ideas: a) take your PC off campus to see if problem is still there, b) ask around for somebody else playing (or trying) on campus, d) if you prove that your PC works off campus, chat with the campus network support guys and ask for help.

Comment

me it says no packet flow and i kick off.moe

Comment

Ya i thought taking it off campus would be the only way to determine whether it is the campus internet. Probably won't be able to do that until tommorow though.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                          Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                            by Apache Warrior
                            6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                          • Reply to 6 years
                            by Sirex
                            I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                            Just hit 2.5K miles...
                            5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                          • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                            by Sirex
                            Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                            5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                          • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                            by Sirex
                            Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                            5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                          • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                            by Sirex
                            Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                            5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                          Working...
                          X