Is it me or is the server browser a POS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it me or is the server browser a POS

I'd never thought I'd say this but, I like the BF2 game Browser much better. It seems to me that CODwaw browser dosn't let you filter on latency and if you try to connect it bumps you out to the main menu and you lose your sort order WTF?

If you bounce off the server because it's full, the old COD4 trick works: Use console (~), type "reconnect", & press enter. If the first time doesn't get you in, use console then cursor up to display previous command & try again.

Comment

Folks, Qimcee is correct

press the Console button (~)

Type connect.

Type the server IP with a space between connect and the numbers ( i.e. connect 1.2.3.4:20408

Type Enter

If you fail, then simply type (~) then up arrow, then change connect to Reconnect, then enter

If you fail again, you can press (~) then up arrow, then enter, over and over like that until you connect.

It's what I do all the time.

Comment

I agree with mapes general statment the browser sucks. I'm sure this is an item on the patch list.
        [IMG]http://thepebkac.net/images/sigs/Outdoors_sig.jpg[/IMG]
        Like the community? Donate here:
        [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate[/URL]

Comment

It is horrible

Comment

What about the good 'ol refresh button and as far as filtering latency issues... Do you mean the ping? I just click on "ping"

Comment

I know about the console connect command. That works if I'm going to only one server. If I wanna go to any old server out there you have to use the browser. I've seen at least one bug where if you try to connect to a server and it's full you cannot get server info or connect to any server via the browser

As for filter on latency yes I can change the sort order to lowest latency first but, If I try to connect to a server and fail it bumps me back to the main menu and if I return to the browser my sort order is lost. However what I'm talking about is filtering out of the browser high latency servers 9i.e. they don't show up in the first place).

Also most game browsers allow you to use multiple sort criteria i.e. servers with the lowest ping and the highest player count. You cannot do this on COD:WAW. This is pretty basic coding....so hmmm

Comment

It's the same Server Browser as COD4. Still a piece of junk.
                A change of Pace.
                "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

Okay- FINE!!!!

I'll stop being helpful- I was trying to ignore the reality:

teh server search console is a piece of junk.

CoD4 was bad too. I remember that Cains Lair was one of those servers that had a 50/50 chance of pulling up back there too.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
                    Okay- FINE!!!!

I'll stop being helpful- I was trying to ignore the reality:

teh server search console is a piece of junk.

CoD4 was bad too. I remember that Cains Lair was one of those servers that had a 50/50 chance of pulling up back there too.
                    Reality is.... just click on "ping"

Comment

It really is a piece of junk.

It will show NO friends on refresh, but You will see them playing on Different servers when you click on server info.

I suppose server info actually has real time information, while the basic Search engine Friends list doesn't by a long shot.

It is amazing to me how they could have a listing that isn't real time, even though you are connecting directly to their system.
                      ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                      Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                      widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X