X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Error - Unable to connect. Duplicate qport on server

Anyone had this yet?

"Unable to connect. Duplicate qport on server"

I was in there with you guys tonight and my game crashed when loading new map so I had to reboot. Got the above error when trying to reconnect.

It's working now

Tried it again after posting the initial thread and I got in...strange.

Comment

It's a bug in the server, happens everywhere, its a handshake issue where if you time out, sometimes the server keeps you in the port slot on the server.

You must of had a network burp when you attempted to connect, then it kicked you out because it thought you were a duplicate request.

I may have it wrong, but I think this is the concept as explained to me by BA.

~Hammy

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
        It's a bug in the server, happens everywhere, its a handshake issue where if you time out, sometimes the server keeps you in the port slot on the server.

You must of had a network burp when you attempted to connect, then it kicked you out because it thought you were a duplicate request.

I may have it wrong, but I think this is the concept as explained to me by BA.

~Hammy
        This is exactly right.
        [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

What he said

Comment

Ok, thanks guys! I guess I tried to get back in too quickly.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
            Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
            widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X